Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What are the correlation criteria between a TOKEN and a response ID

What are the correlation criteria between a TOKEN and a response ID 8 months 6 days ago #103397

• obenard
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I would like to know precisely what is the criterion (or the algorithm) to correlate a TOKEN with a response ID in the database (is it based on IP address, and anything else or only on the Token string).

Here is the reason of my question:
I don't know exactly how I did that, but I started to answer a survey using the Tokenized URL. I did not complete this survey.
As I'm using a laptop in DHCP, I may have change of IP Address in between. Then when I retried to enter the survey with the same tokenized URL, I was surprised not to retrieve my previous answers. so I redid a few answers, and I notived that in the database, there was now 2 instances of responses with exactly the same Token (2 lines in the database).
As I wanted to retrive my first response instance, I tried to delete in the DB the second line with the same TOKEN, then restarted the survey with the initial URL.
Very Strange! Despite I deleted the response in the DB, I still see in my browser the second instance of the response.
So I was wondering where are stored those answers as there are not anymore in the DB? Are they in cookie? or in the browser cache? apparently no.
So If someone could help by telling me where is stored this information that is not anymore in the DB, and if there is a way to go back to the first response ID that is not completed, it would be very much appreciated.

NB: I use the parameter "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" to Yes with not anonymised survey, and "Enable token-based response persistence?" to No.

Best Regards
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What are the correlation criteria between a TOKEN and a response ID 8 months 6 days ago #103441

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
obenard wrote:
NB: I use the parameter "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?" to Yes with not anonymised survey, and "Enable token-based response persistence?" to No.
"Enable token-based response persistence?" to YES
Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token?: Default: No . If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey. If survey is anonymous or Enable token-based response persistence is set to NO, this add a new responses. If survey is not anonymous and Enable token-based response persistence is Yes, user update existing responses.

manual.limesurvey.org/Creating_a_new_survey#Tokens

Denis

What are the correlation criteria between a TOKEN and a response ID 8 months 5 days ago #103495

• obenard
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Denis,

Thanks for the prompt answer. However, I still have some troubles. I would like to be able to cover 3 usecases:

- First usecase: I need the same person from the same computer to be able to fill in several instances of the survey (the survey is for one Application, and one person can be responsible of several applications).
So I was thinking to be able to generate 2 or more tokens for the same person (one token per application), and depending on the token he uses, he could answers different survey.
-> This is not working if I set the Token persistance to Yes.

- Second usecase: As the survey is quite long, I would offer to the respondent the capability to delegate part of the survey to some other people. That's to say I would like one person to be able to answer part of the survey, then send the url to someone else (other person, other computer, but same token) to continue the survey, etc...
We were thinking using the "Resume Later" feature for that, and forward the received email to the delegate.

- third usecase: I would like one person to be able to come back later on a survey he already submitted and change some of the answers and submit again. This is why I had chosen the option "update responses with one token?: Default: No . If you activate this setting the participants may return to his survey by clicking the invitation link, even if he already submitted the survey."

Thanks for your help.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
Donation Image