Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error

Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error 6 months 3 weeks ago #103097

• KitchM
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
During what appears to be the second stage installaltion process, I received the following error message:

Internal Server Error
Could not add optional settings: exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'stg_value' cannot be null' in /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/framework/db/CDbCommand.php:358
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/framework/db/CDbCommand.php(1250): CDbCommand->execute(Array)
#1 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(653): CDbCommand->insert('{{settings_glob...', Array)
#2 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/application/controllers/InstallerController.php(82): InstallerController->stepOptionalConfiguration()
#3 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(282): InstallerController->run('optional')
#4 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/framework/web/CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('installer/optio...')
#5 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/framework/base/CApplication.php(180): CWebApplication->processRequest()
#6 /home/mydomain/public_html/limesurvey/index.php(190): CApplication->run()
#7 {main}.

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

Since I am the webmaster, contacting myself will be of little help. ;)

I am using CMSMS 1.11.9 thru Virtualmin 4.04Pro with LimeSurvey 2.05 (Stable) on CentOS 6.5, and accessing it thru Firefox 26.0. MySQL is version 5.1.71-1.el6. PHP is version 5.3.3-27.el6_5. Apache is version 2.2.15.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error 6 months 1 week ago #103635

Hi Kitch,

Any luck resolving this? I'm getting the exact same error, and my system also within the software's requirements.

I'd like to use LimeSurvey, but we're off to a rough start.

Thanks,
Marcus

Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error 6 months 1 week ago #103638

• KitchM
  • Junior Lime
Marcus,
There was another problem I had with a similar situation that had to do with the database server. Here's what I found to solve these sorts of issues:

Re-install.

I am using Virtualmin on my servers and there are install scripts for me. The problems appear to be two-fold. One is a flaw in the install script. The other is a flaw in the installation process of the program itself. At least there appears to be those two parts. Both can and have caused problems for me.

By uninstalling and reinstalling, one may get past the buggy coding. Also, when getting to the part where LimeSurvey's installation routine is involved, one can try different responses to the options. That also helps to get by the flaws.

Sadly, once installed there will still be some hurdles because of the non-intuitive nature of the beast. But you can do it.

Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marcustrapp

Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error 6 months 1 week ago #103639

Thanks for your response, Kitch.

I'd attempted multiple reinstalls with the same results. Then I did this: During installation, after it had created all the database tables, I went into the database's structure to manually allow null values for the column "stg_value" in the table "lime_settings_global".

When specifying an admin name, I used something different than the default "admin", which also seemed to cause problems for some reason.

Hopefully these hacks don't have any longterm implications, but so far, so good!

Install Won't Finish - Internal Server Error 6 months 1 week ago #103640

• KitchM
  • Junior Lime
That a user has to do such a thing shows the real problems with the install procedure. I hope it works for you in the long run.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Donation Image