Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey becomes corrupt when moving question groups

Survey becomes corrupt when moving question groups 7 months 4 weeks ago #102947

Hi I am running Version 2.05+ Build 131219.

I created a survey today, for the first time in a few months. It's the first time on this build. I created three different question groups and filled in a few questions for each. I then tried rearranging the questions groups. After that:
  • All of the question groups lose their questions, except for the one on the "top"
  • I've been able to recreate this problem with a simpler surveys
  • Exporting and re-importing doesn't help and the information isn't in the export file
  • If I try reusing the question codes, I get an error. The data is still in the database, which I confirmed by doing an export of all the data

I've wasted a whole day on this and need to get the survey out. I've searched but haven't found anything like this.

Suggestions, greatly appreciate.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Survey becomes corrupt when moving question groups 7 months 4 weeks ago #102952

• mfaber
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 22
This is a known bug that I reported recently. It has alread been fixed by one of the team members (see bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=8467). The fix will most likely be part of the next release. Sorry about your data loss, it happened to me as well.

Survey becomes corrupt when moving question groups 7 months 4 weeks ago #102955

Thanks for the speedy reply! I tried the fixes. It seems to work on a new survey. I haven't had a chance to play with it and need to work on something else now.

The page doesn't look different. After I first loaded the patch, it "flashed" with Question Block names and then went away. I tried dropping the cache etc. but that didn't seem to bring them back.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Donation Image