Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: validation group of questions

validation group of questions 10 months 13 hours ago #101775

• luker
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I have 4 numerical questions, then I need to validate all the answers together. It means sum of values across those questions should not exceed the limit. I have created equation when the sum is calculated, but don't know how to validate the calculation - i.e. how to allow enter next page only when sum is below the limit?
Do you have any hints in that?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Luker
The administrator has disabled public write access.

validation group of questions 10 months 10 hours ago #101777

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 323
If you use multiple numerical question, you have the option to set a maximum value in the advanced option.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

validation group of questions 9 months 4 weeks ago #101794

• luker
  • Fresh Lemon
Right, but maximum value referring to one question, while I have asked about maximum of the total sum of 4 questions.
Anyway thanks :)

It seems I have found the answer. I have used another question within the group for which I could set validation condition (it was "Multiple choice" in my case) then I have put validation condition checks if sum calculated for all 4 numerical questions is below the limit.

Ps. Don't know why this post is in "Installation & update issues" forum (probably my fault) instead of "Can I do this with LimeSurvey?" if admin could move the topic would be good. Thanks.

validation group of questions 9 months 4 weeks ago #101798

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 323
Well, sometimes you can change from 4 different numerical questions to the multiple numerical question format (which in reality can be 4 different numerical questions in one) without a problem and there things are quite easy, because by default you can check the sum of all responses in the multiple numerical question. Of course I understand that sometimes you can't use this format, whatever reason.

But seems like you found a solution. I am currently just not sure how your problem could be solved with a multiple choice question.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image