Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can't seem to configure database in LimeSurvey 2.00+ installer

can't seem to configure database in LimeSurvey 2.00+ installer 10 months 3 weeks ago #99710

Dear LimeSurvey,

I've installed a fresh version of LimeSurvey 1.91+ on my website using Fantastico de Luxe.
At first use I got feedback that I needed to upgrade, so I tried the built-in upgrade option, but that didn't work.
So I downloaded LimeSurvey 2.00+ and installed the using FTP following the instructions for Manual upgrade.

Then I got an eMail with this content :

An instance of LimeSurvey was installed on blabla.com
Full installation path: /home/mememe/public_html/blabla.com/LimeSurvey
Public URL: blabla.com/LimeSurvey/
Admin URL: blabla.com/LimeSurvey/admin/admin.php
Username: useruser
Password: passpass
MySQL database: mememe_lime1
MySQL user: mememe_lime1
Time of installation: Wednesday, 04th September, 2013 @ 04:25:02 PM

Then I went to blabla.com/LimeSurvey/admin/admin.php and got the installer.
In the "Pre-installation check", I got a message that I the "PHP version" is 5.3.26 and the "PHP PDO driver library" is MySQL.
Everything is okay, except for the "PHP LDAP library", that's missing.
My site-host's support desk told me to not worry about that, so I just clicked "next".

Then, on the next page blabla.com/LimeSurvey/index.php?r=installer/database
I tried to use the default "localhost", "root", [empty password], "limesurvey" and "_lime", but then I get a message that the first three of those are incorrect. (all YouTube-tutorials on this only suggest this, and then it always works...)
Then I tried the full path from the eMail "/home/mememe/public_html/blabla.com/LimeSurvey", username "user user" and password "pass pass", but I end up with the same error...

My site-host's support desk said they can't support installing LimeSurvey any further...

So, my question to you is :
How do I get it right ?

Thanks !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

can't seem to configure database in LimeSurvey 2.00+ installer 10 months 3 weeks ago #99714

that should have been :

"Then I tried the full path from the eMail "/home/mememe/public_html/blabla.com/LimeSurvey", username "useruser" and password "passpass", but I end up with the same error..."

...the text-correction doesn't like the "useruser" and "passpass"...
it prefers a SPACE in-between...
sorry...

can't seem to configure database in LimeSurvey 2.00+ installer 10 months 2 weeks ago #99746

I've found a solution to this problem.
All indications about the cause, seem to point towards the problems originating from a lost/wrong password...

I therefore went into cPanel, and created a new user for MySQL.

Using this new user's login and password, the setup seemed to work fine.

Thanks !
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image