Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Include new fonts in Limesurvey

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98272

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
I want to include new fonts in limesurvey. How do I achieve that? I have copied the fonts in the htdocs/fonts folder but still they are not visible in the editor (i.e. when I am writing in the limesurvey editor). I want my fonts to get listed in the editor of limesurvey. Please let me know how can I do it.

Note: I have copied .ttf files inside htdocs/fonts folder.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by ajparag.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98278

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
Can somebody help me with this? Please!

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98285

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 235
Hello,
I suppose you have to apply some changes somewhere into the following (sub)directories:
/third_party/ckeditor/
/third_party/ckeditor/_source/plugins/font/

Backup your changes because those files may be overwritten during a major update of the software
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98286

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
I don't know what you want this for, but as the editor is involved I assuem that it is for the templates.

I think those new fonts will only work for the creation of images and locally.

If you want to change the appearance of the templates for example, you'll better use webfonts or something, because not everyone will have the same fonts on your computer.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98287

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Ben,
I tried playing with the plugin.js file inside /third_party/ckeditor/_source/plugins/font folder. I edited the following:

CKEDITOR.config.font_names = 'Verdana Test1/Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif';

I modified the above command. Added/ removed entries but nothing happened. What do I need to do in addition to above to get through. I am quite sure that your method will work. Only thing is I am missing something. Please help me!

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98288

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
it's unclear for me if you want a specific font available for survey(s) or just change the look of the backend admin....

If it's only for some surveys, the easiest way is probably creating a custom template ( .css + finding a place for your .tff file)...
Even if you new font is not displayed in the admin, it will be ok for the survey.
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98289

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
Update!

I got the fonts listed in the editor. Here is what I did.

I opened and edited ckeditor.js in notepad++. pressed ctrl+f and searched for 'verdana'

Then in the same command line I added the fonts I wanted to add. To my surprise it did show up in the editor.

But the sad news is...
Now that I have edited both plugin.js and ckeditor.js files I was hoping that my font will work but it is not.

Let me give a context - I am trying to run fonts of different languages in the ckeditor. I am trying to install hindi language font (kruti dev ttf) in the editor so that I can automate translations. I will just extract the english version of the survey, translate it in an excel sheet and replace the english font in the excel with the language font I have installed in ckeditor. And my survey is translated (Yes, I will have to replace the statements with translated ones).
Am I trying too hard? Is it possible or not?

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98290

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
Am I trying too hard? Is it possible or not?
I think almost everything is possible with LS, depending on your skill, your time and ...some lucky help ;)

It's the end of the good news because I've no idea of how you can achieve this! Hope someone help here can give you a couple of advices.
Benoît

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98291

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
Update! Mission accomplished. With a minor tweak in wordings, i am able to install all fonts. Ben... i am grateful to you. Thank you so much! hats off to you!

May be in a day or two i will post a topic on how one can save large amount of time in translating surveys.

Include new fonts in Limesurvey 1 year 1 month ago #98307

• ajparag
  • Fresh Lemon
Here is the link to automate translations:

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...lating-surveys#98306
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
Donation Image