Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Responses lost after saving partially completed survey

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 1 year 1 month ago #98009

• ricardo
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Some people have reported that they've saved their partially completed surveys...when trying to resume their surveys later, they've found that their responses are nowhere to be found

Using version 2.05b4 Build 130702
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 1 year 1 month ago #98017

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 802
Hello,
ricardo wrote:
Using version 2.05b4 Build 130702
Please : put a bug report.

Denis

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 8 months 2 weeks ago #102705

• obenard
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

I'm facing exactly the same problem with Version 2.05+ Build 131209 (stable).

When you save the survey ("Resume Later"), and when you come back later ("load unfinished survey"), it looks like everything is OK, you can continue the survey. Unfortunately all the information you enter is not anymore stored in the DB. You can reach the end of the survey and submit it, but all information since the save is lost (the printed document does not contain the answers, the mail sent to the administrator does not contain the answers, the DB does not contain the answers).
The information seems to be stored locally because previous/ and index allows to re-display all answers, but nothing appears in DB.

Can you please tell us if a bug report was entered, and what is its status?

Thanks & regards

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 8 months 2 weeks ago #102720

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 3 weeks ago #103286

• jonaskoeppel
  • Junior Lime
Hey there!

I'm encountering a very similar problem with Version 2.05+ Build 131219. I complete the survey and the results are saved. I then return to the survey (update responses and token-based persistance activated) and the answers are there. But if I change an answer and complete the survey again the changes are not saved!

Is the bug mentionned above already supposed to be fixed in this version?

In addition to that I encountered an even bigger problem. Once I do the procedure mentionned above (return to a survey and complete it again) further responses with "new" tokens are not saved at all anymore! I can complete the survey and LS says that the answers have been saved successfully. The Token is marked as completed but the answers are not saved to the database!

Thanks already for your help (I think it's time for a donation ...)

Jonas

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 3 weeks ago #103295

• jonaskoeppel
  • Junior Lime
Update: I sorted out the second problem. It occured because the last question group wasn't always shown (groupes hidden by the Expression Manager) and the survey was sometimes finished by clicking on the "continue" button. This caused several problems, one of the was the second one I described above.

I don't know if it's worth to file a bug report. I simply added a dummy question group at the and of the survey which is always shown. If you're interested to dig deeper here I'm at your disposal for more information.

The first problem still persists though, changes aren't saved.

Jonas
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by jonaskoeppel. Reason: error

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 3 weeks ago #103297

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
Hi Jonas,

For the second, don't know, for the first problem , i think it's fixe in the today release :
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...76e5bc12d3229ed30cc5
The following user(s) said Thank You: LloydW

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 3 weeks ago #103300

• jonaskoeppel
  • Junior Lime
Confirmed. Just updated to the new version and it works perfectly now. Great work, thanks a lot!

Regarding the second problem: as I said, ther seems to be a problem but it can be avoided easily ...

Jonas

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 1 week ago #103961

• LloydW
  • Gold Donor
I encountered a similar problem, with the added twist that if there were mandatory questions, and an item wasn't checked so it caused a validation error, it not only required correction - it CLEARED the data that had already been entered! Then at the end it didn't save anything.

Upgrading to 140116 has resolved those problems but generated a new one (not present in 131209). In the attached, Part B Q2 group has ratings with related ranking for each item identified in the previous question. Trouble is, if the last is selected (so g2q11 shows) the ranking table is missing! :huh:
Is there some code I should use to correct this?

Lloyd.
Attachments:

Responses lost after saving partially completed survey 7 months 1 week ago #103988

• LloydW
  • Gold Donor
Don't worry - we found the problem. A missing condition that hadn't been fully copied across. Not sure in fact why it worked before! ;)

Lloyd.
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Donation Image