Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94683

• Draikin
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I'm trying to get build 130325 to work on Windows shared hosting (Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2). I got as far as step 6 (optional settings) during the installation. The previous steps worked fine, the database was configured properly, but clicking next on step 6 gives me an "Internal server error" and on the next line "Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection". I read something about changing the config.php file manually, but there's none to be found, only the default config files are there. Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94704

• tbrice18
  • Fresh Lemon
I am also working with a Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 and got the very same error. I would also appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94811

• Draikin
  • Fresh Lemon
I now tried installing it using a MySQL database, but I have the exact same problem there. I'm not sure why, is the problem perhaps the missing config.php file?

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94816

• tbrice18
  • Fresh Lemon
Check the installation manual, especially the portion about having the correct sqlsvr driver installed. Although I did check that for my installation and it did not solve anything, shot in the dark, may work for you. I have Moodle installed on the same 2008 Windows server with a backend MS SQL database on a Windows 2008 R2 server and there was never any connection issues. Something in the LS code requires those drivers and its not compatible with my system set up.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94817

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
To get a better error message during install, you can open /application/config/config-sample-mysql.php en scroll to the end. Modify

'debug'=>0,
to
'debug'=>2,

and see if that creates a visible error. If you get an error, please report the detailed message in the bugtracker.
---
Menno Dekker

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #94856

• Draikin
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks, I changed the value but unfortunately the error message stays the same. I've tried looking for error logs, but the application/logs doesn't contain any log files.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #95058

• Draikin
  • Fresh Lemon
I've been looking into the problem, and I'm wondering if PDO drivers possibly explain this problem? I don't know if it would get that far in the installation if those were missing. I've contacted my webhost, they confirmed the problem but no solution for now.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #95179

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Missing PDO drivers might cause such problems but I wonder if in such a case the installation would proceed that far at all.

Check if the config.php is created at LimeSurvey\application\config

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #95199

• Draikin
  • Fresh Lemon
Apparently the PDO drivers are installed so that can't be the cause.
Mazi wrote:
Check if the config.php is created at LimeSurvey\application\config
It's not.

"Cdbconnection failed to open the db connection" on step 6 during installation 1 year 7 months ago #95204

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Hmm, I would assume that at this step the config.php should have been created so when logging in later, the DB connection details can be read from file.
There is a check at the beginning if that folder is writable. Maybe there are still conflicts with restricted rights, e.g. the server not being able to create files?!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The following user(s) said Thank You: Draikin
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Donation Image