Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: mssqlnative configuration for windows integrated authentication

mssqlnative configuration for windows integrated authentication 1 year 5 months ago #93955

• ddiemont
  • Fresh Lemon
I am trying to set up a copy of LimeSurvey 1.92 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 such that it connects to the SQL Server using the Application Pool Identity from the web server, rather than having the username/pwd of a SQL user stored in the config.php. I have the mssqlnative client configured (MS SQL Native Client 11; PHP 5.3.22 NTS, and Microsoft PHP Connection Drivers... changed $databasetpe to mssqlnaive), and I have commented out the databaseuser and databasepass variables in the config.php file, but when it attempts to connect to the database it appears to be using a 'root' user (The error I receive is "Can't connect to LimeSurvey database. Reason: 28000 Error Code: 18456 Message [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Login failed for user 'root'")

My question: What do I files need to change to allow Integrated Authentication rather than SQL Authentication. From reading this (msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130822.aspx) I believe that I need to add a "Trusted_Connection=yes" to the sql connection string that is being used, I'm just not sure where to find that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
r/
Derrick
The administrator has disabled public write access.

mssqlnative configuration for windows integrated authentication 1 year 5 months ago #94023

• ddiemont
  • Fresh Lemon
got it.

in the adodb.mssqlnative.inc.php file connect function you can remove the User and Password components of the connection array (around line 380) and this force the application to use Windows Authentication.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image