Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Couldn't get question..." error after deleting a question?

"Couldn't get question..." error after deleting a question? 1 year 6 months ago #92690

I am using a clean install of LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 130129.

I created a new survey with a couple dozen questions and showed it around to people here to get feedback. One suggestion was to delete one of the questions, which I did.

However, upon deleting that question, whenever I try to preview the survey in any way (from the top-level, from the individual group/question level, etc.), I get the following error:
Couldn't get question
SELECT title, question FROM {{questions}} WHERE qid=465 AND language='en'

As far as I can tell, the questions are all still there (other than the deleted question), but it's just not invoking the preview of the survey/group/question properly for some reason.

I also tried temporarily activating and deactivating the survey, in case that affected anything. It didn't. I received the same error regardless.

Does anyone have any information about how I might go about resolving the issue without having to start over from scratch?

Thanks,

Doug Thompson
Manager of Web and Electronic Communications
Ohio Wesleyan University
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Couldn't get question..." error after deleting a question? 1 year 6 months ago #92693

Update: Went to a meeting and came back, and it all works...no error. I made no changes or anything. Some sort of mySQL caching/timing issue or something, maybe?

"Couldn't get question..." error after deleting a question? 1 year 6 months ago #92771

• cmfeliz
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi
I'm having the same error after delete one of the question, somebody know what can I do,

Thanks!
dethompsOWU wrote:
I am using a clean install of LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 130129.

I created a new survey with a couple dozen questions and showed it around to people here to get feedback. One suggestion was to delete one of the questions, which I did.

However, upon deleting that question, whenever I try to preview the survey in any way (from the top-level, from the individual group/question level, etc.), I get the following error:
Couldn't get question
SELECT title, question FROM {{questions}} WHERE qid=465 AND language='en'

As far as I can tell, the questions are all still there (other than the deleted question), but it's just not invoking the preview of the survey/group/question properly for some reason.

I also tried temporarily activating and deactivating the survey, in case that affected anything. It didn't. I received the same error regardless.

Does anyone have any information about how I might go about resolving the issue without having to start over from scratch?

Thanks,

Doug Thompson
Manager of Web and Electronic Communications
Ohio Wesleyan University

"Couldn't get question..." error after deleting a question? 1 year 6 months ago #92782

Update #2: I had the occasion to delete another question at the end of the day Friday, and this time I immediately afterward I logged out of the LimeSurvey back-end and closed my browser and relaunched it. Upon logging back into the LimeSurvey back-end, I was able to preview the survey just fine...no error messages or anything.

So, that would seem to indicate that it has something to do with browser session/cache, would it not?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
Donation Image