Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database

Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database 1 year 10 months ago #92284

• ccrobins
  • Fresh Lemon
We have been successfully running 1.91 on Server 2008R2, PHP 5.3.8 and the database resides on a SQL 2008R2 cluster. After following the update procedures the installer via the admin page keeps failing to connect to the database. Should I see more than MYSQL in the database type drop down? It was working. Thanks..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database 1 year 10 months ago #92494

• ccrobins
  • Fresh Lemon
Sorry I did not mention that we are running it in IIS 7. I now have "Microsoft SQL Server (sqlsrv)" showing up in the database type field in the installer using the php_pdo_sqlsrv_53_nts.dll driver, however after entering the rest of the info on the installer page and clicking next I immediately get: Connection with database failed. Please check database location, user name and password and try again. I know the information is correct. Any ideas? Thanks..

Re: Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database 1 year 10 months ago #92498

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 386
As LS 2.0 uses a different database driver, this could be the problem.

Requirements say that you need the pdo driver for mysql. I am not sure if it works with microsoft SQL at all...
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database 1 year 10 months ago #92508

• ccrobins
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I get the same response using php_pdo_mysql.dll driver.

Re: Update from 1.91 to 2 won't connect to SQL database 1 year 10 months ago #92514

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 386
ISS has always been an issue. I don't think that anyone of the limesurvey team has a ISS to test LS with it.

LS best works in the LAMP version.

Maybe someone of the developers comes by and has a solution.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image