Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Missing "Next" button in activated survey

Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91240

• rozinant
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I've created a new survey, with about 130 questions, split into 36 question groups. I would have created less, but it turned out that with larger blocks of questions, the "Next" button" tended to vanish.
Once done, the survey worked well when I tested it internally, but once I activated it, the "Next" button, at the bottom of the first question group, would not appear, thus preventing me from gettig to the next groups.
The survey, should you need it, is at the following link: [url=http://]http://reason-me-this.com/subsurvey/limesurvey/index.php/survey/index/sid/923533/lang/he[/url].

I would very much appreciate all the help I could get on this, as it took me a very long time to compile it.

I've uploaded the lss file as well, should you need it.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey_survey_923533_seker_tyuta_4.lss
File Size: 381 KB

Thanks,
Tony
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91249

• helper
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 18
I downloaded your LSS and put into my localhost (uses Version 2.00+ Build 130116 on Windows 7 with mySQL). I did not see any issue with the next button for several iterations of testing. I suspect that the addition of the other language may be injecting some issues with the current HTML head - however, I am just guessing. Try the following to see if this helps:

Open ..../application/helpers/common_helper.php and search for the following:
$header=  "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd\">\n"
    . "<html xmlns=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml\" xml:lang=\"{$languagecode}\" lang=\"{$languagecode}\"";
    if (getLanguageRTL($languagecode))
    {
        $header.=" dir=\"rtl\" ";
    }
    $header.= ">\n\t<head>\n";
Comment that section out (this is just for testing and you may want to return the commented out code). Add the following to replace the above:
$header = "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=\"en\">\n<head>\n\t<meta charset=\"utf-8\">\n";
The replacement is a stard HTML5 lead-in and you can change the language and character set to fit your other language.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by helper.

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91262

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 716
Hello,

Think there was too many question for your server. What is your hoster and your server limit ?
Can you do more group for question (limit each group by 3/4 question).
Did you click on Survey logic files to see if you have some error (think helper do this ;) )

Denis

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91271

• rozinant
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Denis,

As far a s I know, there is no limit on my server for the number of questions. I split the questions to so many groups because the "next" button tended to disappear when there were too many in one group. Now I have groups with few as 2 questions in them.
I did check the logic files but found no errors.
I'm going to try now Helper's suggestion, to modify the header in common_helper.php, and see how it behaves.
BTW, when I'm trying to check integrity I'm getting the following error message:

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving reason-me-this.com/subsurvey/limesurvey/index.php/admin/checkintegrity. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.

I do not know whether it is related, but it worked at the beginning and then started giving this message.

Thanks,
Tony

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91274

• rozinant
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Helper,

Seems that the header modification effected the language settings (if replaced the positions of the languages), but it did not help with the "Next" button, which is still missing.
I am running Ubuntu 12.10, with chromium, but I asked friends with different configurations to try it and it does not work for them either.
Did you try to activate the survey? It worked well for me before activation.

Thanks,
Tony

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91275

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 716
rozinant wrote:
As far a s I know, there is no limit on my server for the number of questions. I split the questions to so many groups because the "next" button tended to disappear when there were too many in one group. Now I have groups with few as 2 questions in them.
I did check the logic files but found no errors.
Then surely memory_limit. Check your phpinfo (accessible via LimeSurvey general settings).

Denis
The following user(s) said Thank You: actxcellence, rozinant

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91277

• helper
  • Expert Lime
I was able to run through the now "live" survey twice. First time, I did not answer any questions, and the second, I tried to answer all questions. At no time did I loose the next button.

My php memory is set for 128M.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rozinant

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91279

• rozinant
  • Fresh Lemon
This could definitely be the memory_limit. I've modified the value from 32M to 128M and it started working like a charm. Even the integrity check works now :woohoo:
Is this variable set up somewhere other than in .../application/config/config-defaults.php ?
Also, should I inform my service provider of this change? I mean, do they have to increase something on the server's side as well?

Thanks a lot!
Tony

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91280

• helper
  • Expert Lime
The config-defaults are actually an application override for the php.ini. Glad to hear that you are one the upward path now :)

Re: Missing "Next" button in activated survey 1 year 3 months ago #91281

• rozinant
  • Fresh Lemon
Definitely am.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Tony
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Donation Image