Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run

upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89609

• tbaker
  • Fresh Lemon
I am upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00
I have downloaded the latest 2.0
renamed my old limesurvey and unzipped the latest in the directory
I chg'd permissions (777) on tmp, copied my old upload and chg'd permissions (777) on upload dir
i run the ...limesurvey/admin it redirects me to ... limesurvey/index.php/admin and noting shows except a whitescreen

I have checked apache no errors...
i have looked at console and no errors

Can anyone help on this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89618

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
tbaker wrote:
i have looked at console and no errors

What did you do on the console to check errors?

Did you have a backup of your database?
Did you manage to see the installer after coping LS2.0 on the server?

If the installation went wrong, you might try a fresh installation in a different directory with a new database to see if the server is compatible.

Or you backup application/config/config.php and delete the file and try to run the installer again. If you always used the same database you might have mixed tables in it.
You might clean the database by hand or restore your database backup first.

Personally I would never do an upgrade without having tested a fresh installation first.
You always need a fallback if you're running LS in a productive way. And with an direct upgrade you risk you're best known installation becoming unavailable.

Re: Aw: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89671

• tbaker
  • Fresh Lemon
we are performing this upgrade on a DEV instance so are DB and Production instances are protected, DEV instance runs on the same server as prod so environment and infrastructre are identical ....
I have isolated the error to the below:

URL Method Result Type Received Taken Initiator Wait‎‎ Start‎‎ Request‎‎ Response‎‎ Cache read‎‎ Gap‎‎
prod.medimix.biz/DEVLMS/limesurvey4/index.php/admin GET 200 text/html 190 B 78 ms refresh 0 31 47 0 0 41

at this line the application hangs:
Yii::createApplication('LSYii_Application', APPPATH . 'config/config' . EXT)->run();

please advise

I have also tried on a clean instance fresh install same server ; results are the same...

Aw: Re: Aw: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89682

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
Good to know that no productive system is damaged.

Did you take a look at application/config/config.php to see if the file is correctly written? Is the directory /tmp/runtime writable?

Is a fresh install working? Only the upgrade fails?
Normally I would delete /application/config/config.php and drop the database and do retry the installer. Or get a fresh old database to be sure that the database wasn't messed up during the first attempt to upgrade.

If you focus on the upgrade routine I would open a ticket in the bug tracker to see if developers can help you.

Re: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89728

• tbaker
  • Fresh Lemon
Problem resolved with patch "Dev Renamed HTTPRequest class due to possible name collisions"

Aw: Re: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89729

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
Is the patch related to a bug tracker ticket? Can you post where to get the patch?
Is it in the last update?

Re: Aw: Re: upgrading from 1.92 to 2.00 getting white screen on initial run 1 year 8 months ago #89730

• tbaker
  • Fresh Lemon
here is where the patch was identified ...
not sure if it is in the latest release yet
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...8f0ba82407a91a5bbeea
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Donation Image