Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working

Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89153

• floccs
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi all,

as Limesurvey admin panel suggested this morning I've decided to upgrade Limesurvey to version 2.00+.
I've followed the instruction here but after configuring the installation I'm redirected to comfort update page and then got stuck at step 1 (clicking on proceed to step 2 reload the same page).
After several refresh without no luck I then try to load admin page, but I'm always redirected to survey list public page.

Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Stefano
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by floccs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89155

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
Backup everything first.

I personally would reinstall the last 1.92 in a different directory from scratch and try to import the database. Just to make sure you still have working data.

The most riskest way might be to just download LS2 and extract it to the folder of your current LS1.92+ version and see if the upgrade process will continue.

Sorry that I cannot provide a simple trick. I never upgrade such version but install from scratch. Since LS2 is not bug free you might cannot conduct a survey after such an upgrade even if you won't get stuck on the installation screen.

Re: Aw: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89156

• floccs
  • Senior Lime
  • Thank you received: 5
Thank you jelo,

I've already tried all my surveys on Limesurvey 2.00+ and they worked well, so I thought that an upgrade of the installation wouldn't broke them.
However I've reverted to 1.92+. I have not restored the database backup since it seemed uncorrupted from Limesurvey 2.00+installation.

I think however to retry the upgrade in the future

Re: Aw: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89530

• lince
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi all,
I have exactly the same problem.
I tried a new installation 3 times today but each time I was redirected to a comfortupdate after configuration.
I tried first to install this new version on a local site and it worked well. So what's the problem with the online site ?
I'm going to try once more but this time I've created a new empty database and imported tables from the old version. (that's what I did locally, so I try the same way...)
If it works, I'll tell you.

Re: Aw: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89535

• lince
  • Fresh Lemon
so I tried with a new database and a new user for the db. It still ends to a page ComfortUpgrade which loops at step2 !!!
Cannot install this 2.0 version.
I must reinstall the old version but hope some issues will be find further to upgrade LS at least.

Re: Aw: Limesurvey upgrade 1.92+ => 2.00+ not working 1 year 9 months ago #89540

• lince
  • Fresh Lemon
So I managed to install the 2.0 version !
I've first deleted old directories, then tables in the db.
As I had successfully installed the latest version on my local website, I got back tables from the local db and the directories from the local website.
I just had to modify the configuration php files with the right dbname, user and password.
Now it's working well.
It's not a real installation, but it works!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Donation Image