Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating

Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 11 months ago #88614

• Anouk133
  • Fresh Lemon
We've recently updated our version of Limesurvey from 1.87 to 1.92+. Everything works as it should, except for one thing: Questions with conditions are always visible, it doesn't matter which answer you select.

The problem only exists in questionnaires made in the earlier version(1.87). If I make a new questionnaire from scratch, in which I use multiple conditions, everything works just fine. But I can't make new versions of our questionnaires by hand. There are too many questionnaires, and it would take a lot of time to do this.

I've tried everything I could think of to solve the problem. I've deleted the conditions and added them again, but that doesn't work. I've delete a whole question group and added a new group and new questions, but that doesn't work either. I've exported and imported the questionnaire, but no luck.

The settings of the (old) questions are the same as in new questionnaires, so I can't find why the problem exists.

I hope you can help me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 10 months ago #89003

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
I would try to install the 1.87 version again as a separate installation.
Try to export the surveys with 1.87 and import them with 1.92+ or 2.X to see if that works. If you only have the converted database you might need to provide an exported version of an problematic questionaire to see if there is a hint in the export.

You always need 3-4installation with different versions of Limesurvey to prevent such situations. I would be to afraid to just update. There is no LTS version or different tiers of updatestreams. So you need to do this on your own to be on the safe side.

Try Limesurvey 2.0 to see if that problem still exists.

Re: Aw: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 10 months ago #89032

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
Hello,

Did you try with included template ?

Think the template need update, show/hide for conditionnal function are now with some javascript.

Denis

Re: Aw: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 10 months ago #90210

• Anouk133
  • Fresh Lemon
Did I try what with included template? I don't really understand what you mean.

The templates in use were transfered to the new version of Limesurvey. It's quite possible that the problem comes from the template. But some templates were made specifically for a questionnaire, and I can't use the default template. Do you know how I can change the current templates to make the conditions work properly?

Aw: Re: Aw: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 10 months ago #90219

• jelo
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 52
DenisChenu wrote:
Think the template need update, show/hide for conditionnal function are now with some javascript.
Always Javascript? Also when the questions are on different pages?

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Questions with conditions are always visible after updating 1 year 10 months ago #90230

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
jelo wrote:
DenisChenu wrote:
Always Javascript? Also when the questions are on different pages?
No i speak for same page.

{QUESTIONESSENTIAL} are needed i think.

Anouk133: please lookat question.pstpl files .

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
Donation Image