Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: White Screen after installation

Re: Aw: Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #89896

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 104
I cannot imagine that it would fail at this command unless your server is terribly misconfigured. Question is what error message you get exactly? Can you see any error in the weblogs?

You can try to set debug to 2 in /application/config/config-sample-mysql.php to maybe get a proper error message during installation.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by c_schmitz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aw: Re: Aw: Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #89902

• mbutschke
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks for your reply.

The problem is: I don't get any error message - even not in the weblogs.

I set debug to 2 but still: no error messages - only a white screen.

Re: Aw: Re: Aw: Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #90020

• modiphier
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I too am having the blank page issue. I have been trying to install this app for about two days now. I originally started on an inmotion hosting account with the latest version 2. After nothing but blank page and being redirected to a url of mydomain.com/index.php?r=installer/welcome

After reading through the forums here I found the page with supported hosts so being I have a personal hostgater account I then tried installing version 2 on that account. I had the same exact thing a blank page. I then deleted all files and found that on hostgater within the cpanel i was able to do a quick install of limesurvey. I was then able to get to the 1.8 version and then within the page I did perform the comfort upgrade to 1.92. I really would like the latest an greatest so I attempted to delete all files and upload the version 2 and I have followed the directions here docs.limesurvey.org/Upgrading+from+a+pre...y_later_2.xx_version

I have just completed uploading all of the files. cleared my temp internet files and history and closed and reopened the browser both IE9 and Firefox and I am back to getting the mydomain.com/index.php?r=installer/welcome and it is a blank page.

I have tried viewing this or accessing the /admin page on a number of computers with various versions of both IE and firefox and all with the same result.. What is it that will not allow the page to load.

Completely frustrated...

Thanks
Paul

UPDATE..
I have edited the config-sample-mysql.php to reflect my previous installed version db info and have set /config /tmp /tmp/runtime to 777 and set debug to 2 and I still get a blank page and the view source of the page I am being redirected to (mydomain.com/index.php?r=installer/welcome) when trying to access mydomain.com/admin is:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" http-equiv=Content-Type></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I have also viewed the error log an access logs and there is not even any reference to the limesurvey in the error log and the entries in the access log all appear to be normal.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by modiphier.

White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #90161

• modiphier
  • Fresh Lemon
UPDATE:
I found that even though I had uploaded the files with my ftp program set to binary that by uploading the file as a zip and then using the cpanel filemanager to unzip it was one critical step in being able to access the install page. Once I did that I had another issue where my hosting company had updated my version of php from 5.2 to 5.3 and my public_html was still using the 5.2 php.ini file and I was getting a PHP PDO library missing error on the pre-install test page. Once I copied the 5.3 php.ini file to my public_html pdo libraries were seen and the install went perfect. It then took me another hour to realize the read me is a little vague and when you add the db code to your drupal settings file that you actually need to comment out the default db settings.

Now that I have it installed and the drupal module configured correctly I tried importing a test survey and well not only did it look terrible it had a button and some text on the page within my drupal site that I would not use it in that manner. It also brought me to an error page when I clicked on the button to view the survey. The error may have something to do with enabling tokens within the survey but I think it may just be easier to wrap the survey in my drupal template and just use limesurvey as a standalone app instead of the drupal intergration.

peace,
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by modiphier. Reason: typo
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image