Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: White Screen after installation

White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88212

• ef_wi_tum
  • Fresh Lemon
I followed all instructions. But after completing the installation, I get a white screen on the link that I'm forwarded to:

survey.ef.wi.tum.de/limesurvey/index.php/admin/index

Thank you very much for any help!
Evelin

PS: I'm aware of the help notice below. However: Where and in what step do I need to set $rootdir manually? And what about this path: "/home/username/public_html/limesurvey" ? I don't now how to adopt it and where to use it.

After Database Creation

Blank Page after Database Creation

Symptoms

LimeSurvey installed OK, and database was created, but instead of the admin page, you get an empty page
Web surver log shows "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /path/to/limesurvey/admin/login_check.php on line 69"
Fix

This is probably an incorrect setting for $rooturl or $rootdir in config.php. In particular, config.php attempts to set $rootdir correctly by calling dirname(__FILE__) and while this usually works, it can be upset when LimeSurvey is installed in a user's home or public_html directory and the home directory is mounted over NFS. Try setting $rootdir manually, and in particular, while your shell or pwd command may show a path like "/disks/hostname/home/username/public_html/limesurvey", try using "/home/username/public_html/limesurvey".
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by ef_wi_tum.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88213

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 68
What version did you use? We fixed some installer issues today. Check www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/installation...te-to-the-last-build
The current release is 121115 and that should run installer fine.
---
Menno Dekker
The following user(s) said Thank You: ef_wi_tum

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88219

• ef_wi_tum
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi again,

using the new installation file helped me to get to the admin-login-page. However, "admin" and "password" didn't work. Using the database username + PW didn't work either.

--> What username and email-address do I need to recover my PW? I never entered any email-adress..

Thank you very much, again!
Evelin

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88220

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
Normally if you don't change it admin/password will work. Maybe because of installation trouble something went wrong. Try to remove the tables that the installer created and your application/config.php and do a clean install.
---
Menno Dekker

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88221

• ef_wi_tum
  • Fresh Lemon
What tables and config.php do you mean? Is it enough when I delete the whole folder using FileZilla? Thank you.

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88222

• mdekker
  • LimeSurvey Team
You probably need to use something like phpmyadmin to access your database. If unsure, you can delete the config.php and use a new prefix when on the database step.

The file is application/config/config.php
---
Menno Dekker

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88225

• ef_wi_tum
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, I needed to delete the entries "lime_" via phpmyadmin. Thank you very much!

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 8 months ago #88248

• MJM
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi, I am having the same white screen problem. I tried reseting the config.php directory command with mt full real directory of install. But now am getting:

Page Not Found

Unable to resolve the request "survey".

The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

2012-11-13 12:01:08

AND

Page Not Found

Unable to resolve the request "admin".

when I try the admin page. The PHP code in the admin directory also looks a little strange in that both php files try to resdirect to very strange URLS : /surveys/index.php/admin

I have build 121101.

Are these issues fixed in a newer build. This was installed by Softaculous so I am not sure how they get the releases or what to tell my Hosting provider to get.

Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 7 months ago #89751

• mbutschke
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi, I am having the same problem.

After the last step within the install process I am getting a white screen. The admin login page seems to function well but if I try to login with the default login data I get the message that the username and/or the password is incorrect.

I tried the install process twice but always with the same result. So I checked the database: All tables are created but they are empty!

I tried once with build 121207 and once with build 121127.

Aw: Re: White Screen after installation 1 year 7 months ago #89892

• mbutschke
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi again!

After hours of trying with different builds (also the last one 121209) I found the error (or at least I think this is the error). In the file application/controllers/InstallerController.php there is this line (625):
$password_hash=hash('sha256', $defaultpass);

This line is where the installing process fails. I checked my php-version but it fits (5.2.5 --> the function hash requires at least 5.1.2). So I think maybe it's a missing php module but php5-mhash is installed and enabled. Maybe there is another module required?? Does anyone has a clue what the problem might be?
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Donation Image