Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "session expired" for respondents

"session expired" for respondents 1 year 8 months ago #87792

• senturus
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello,

I am looking for some help. In the current poll I'm doing, many people are complaining that their session is expired before the end of the questionnaire (~10 min), which of course is very frustrating for them.

With my computer it seems to work correctly (I had done quite a few tests before releasing the surveys, and even after, with a long time between each question), but the complains are far too numerous to be a minor problem (and I can see that almost half of the answers are incomplete).

I've been using LimeSurvey for almost one year, and conducted many surveys, most of them with 100 - 500 users (3/4 of them answers the first day, and many the three first hours), except a "big one" which had ~1500 respondents. I never had any problem until this last one.

I've tried to desactivate cookies (which seems useless anyway), but it seems it has not changed anything.

Would you have any idea of where does this problem come from ?
Too many respondents at the same time ? I would agree if I had not performed another survey with roughly the same number of respondents (or even a bit more) a few months ago. And I had not received any negative feedback like this.

A specific bug in the version I am using? I am still using Limesurvey version 1.92 (I'll make the update to 2.0 once this survey will be closed)

Any help is welcome!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "session expired" for respondents 1 year 8 months ago #87822

• senturus
  • Fresh Lemon
Just a few more information :

Attached are the results on my PhpInfo request. (no "suhosin" in)

File Attachment:

File Name: phpinfo_results.txt
File Size: 20 KB

My current version is : Version 1.92+ Build 120919 (I plan to switch to version 2 once the current survey will be closed)

I have made some searches on the forum, but I haven't been able to find a solution up to now. One thing which is very strange, is that it has worked always perfectly up to now.

Re: "session expired" for respondents 1 year 8 months ago #88373

• Hendrik
  • Fresh Lemon
You could have a look at this:

Look on limesurvey.org for this forum thread: 78119-solved-session-timeout--one-possible-solution

(in short, add "max_input_vars = 2000" to your php.ini)
(I cannot post links on this forum, so search for yourself on google)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Hendrik. Reason: Cannot post links
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image