Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/...

Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87404

  • drjaking
  • drjaking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
I've got my remote control-based lecture appraisal system working now, but my invitations come with a link to "localhost" as follows:

http://localhost/limesurvey/index.php/survey/index/sid/100275/token/bccvr9rqb8nkrhn/lang/en

This is with the 24th Oct build. It looks like this might be to do with my web server config and previously would have been fixed by adding rooturl in config, but that seems to have changed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87407

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 5850
  • Thank you received: 716
  • Karma: 222
At end of the file in application/config/config.php try:
'config'=>array(
		'publicurl'=>"http://mywebsite,
	)
);

Think you alreday have a 'config'=>array( information, put the line inside.

Denis
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87412

  • drjaking
  • drjaking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
thanks, but that didn't work. I'm worried it might be a configuration issue with my webserver - I have no experience of this. It's Apache2 on Ubuntu 12.04. I looked into Yii a little bit but it's all a bit beyond me... In phpinfo() it returns the correct _SERVER["SERVER_NAME"]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87414

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 5850
  • Thank you received: 716
  • Karma: 222
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87421

  • drjaking
  • drjaking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
No luck. I can set $config in config-defaults.php to the correct address, but it doesn't use that to generate the URL in my emails.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87439

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 5850
  • Thank you received: 716
  • Karma: 222
drjaking wrote:
No luck. I can set $config in config-defaults.php to the correct address, but it doesn't use that to generate the URL in my emails.
Hello,

Maybe we don't use $config in emailgeneration, please put this in bug report.

Denis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87443

  • drjaking
  • drjaking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
DenisChenu wrote:
drjaking wrote:
No luck. I can set $config in config-defaults.php to the correct address, but it doesn't use that to generate the URL in my emails.
Hello,

Maybe we don't use $config in email generation, please put this in bug report.

Denis

It looks like there are direct calls to createAbsoluteUrl in tokenhelper.php. But still I don't understand why that generates a localhost url. Something to do with yii routes and my Apache config?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87515

  • DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Moderator Lime
  • Posts: 5850
  • Thank you received: 716
  • Karma: 222
drjaking wrote:
DenisChenu wrote:
drjaking wrote:
No luck. I can set $config in config-defaults.php to the correct address, but it doesn't use that to generate the URL in my emails.
Hello,

Maybe we don't use $config in email generation, please put this in bug report.

Denis

It looks like there are direct calls to createAbsoluteUrl in tokenhelper.php. But still I don't understand why that generates a localhost url. Something to do with yii routes and my Apache config?
please put this in bug report
;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Invitations URLs are at http;//localhost/... 1 year 5 months ago #87520

  • drjaking
  • drjaking's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 11
  • Karma: 0
DenisChenu wrote:
drjaking wrote:
DenisChenu wrote:
drjaking wrote:
No luck. I can set $config in config-defaults.php to the correct address, but it doesn't use that to generate the URL in my emails.
Hello,

Maybe we don't use $config in email generation, please put this in bug report.

Denis

It looks like there are direct calls to createAbsoluteUrl in tokenhelper.php. But still I don't understand why that generates a localhost url. Something to do with yii routes and my Apache config?
please put this in bug report
;)

I have done so, but it may work fine for some people.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Donation Image