Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Installing 2.00+ on Mac OS 10.6: permissions for /tmp and /upload

Installing 2.00+ on Mac OS 10.6: permissions for /tmp and /upload 1 year 6 months ago #86815

• octern
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi, I'm having problems installing limesurvey 2.00+ on mac OS 10.6. The pre-installation check page says that /upload and /tmp are not writable. I manually changed permissions on both of those directories and everything inside them to 777, but it still gives me the same error.

I also tried moving the upload and tmp directories to my ~/Public directory, which is definitely world-writable, and putting softlinks to them in the limesurvey directory (I had to do something similar when I installed Moodle). This didn't fix the problem either. Does anyone have any advice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installing 2.00+ on Mac OS 10.6: permissions for /tmp and /upload 1 year 6 months ago #86818

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
This might be related to some advanced right management. If you manually change folder permissions, this doesn't always mean that the webserver is allowed to write into these folders as well.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Installing 2.00+ on Mac OS 10.6: permissions for /tmp and /upload 1 year 6 months ago #86860

• octern
  • Fresh Lemon
Do you have any suggestions about how else I could try to change it or how I could investigate further?

I tried creating a php script that writes to limesurvey/tmp/ and running it from a browser, which should cause it to run with the same permissions limesurvey has. It was able to create a new file in tmp/ and also to append to an existing one. This makes me think that the permissions are set correctly, but limesurvey isn't detecting them.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image