Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address.

Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86359

• havoc64
  • Fresh Lemon
I have lime survey installed on a Windows 2003 Server with PHP and all the required additions. It's working great but we have an issue.

Our server is behind the DMZ. The firewall has the external IP address for our external customers. The server is on an internal IP address.

When when a customer visits the Limesurvey from the outside they use the 165.x.x.x IP address.

When we create a survey, and we use tokens, LimeSurvey utilizes the internal 192.X.X.X IP Address. Is there a way to change that so that it will use the 165.X.X.X address?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86407

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 868
Hello,

See rooturl configuration option.

Denis

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86414

• havoc64
  • Fresh Lemon
Thanks Denis

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86416

• havoc64
  • Fresh Lemon
Well I have searched the installer directory and there are no fewer than 5 copies of that config.php. Also it appears to reference a file location and not the Web address. Is that the same place for me to put in the IP address? What portion of the $rooturl would I change?

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86418

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 377
Which version of Limesurvey do you use? 1.9x or 2.x?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86419

• havoc64
  • Fresh Lemon

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86421

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Then the config is the one in the root folder of limesurvey. And there should be only one.

I think you need to change rooturl there. At the moment it is recognizing the url automatically, this is why your internal IP shows up.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86422

• havoc64
  • Fresh Lemon
I am using the WindowStack and there's not a root Lime Survey folder. If I go to the Apache2 folder there's a Limesurvey folder there as well as another in the Apps folder.

Re: Behind Natted Firewall, emailing Survey Links with external IP Address. 2 years 1 month ago #86424

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Not sure what the "windowstack" is, but within the web folder (usually called something like htdocs or public_html or something you should have a folder with the limesurvey files. In this folder, there should be a config.php.

Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Donation Image