Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I don't know what half of these terms mean

Re: I don't know what half of these terms mean 2 years 1 month ago #86425

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
The installation manual is based on version 1.92 I think and LS 2.00 is totally different in its structure, so the solutions desribed in the installation manual probably is not working for the newest version.

I just installed LS 2.0 on my XAMPP yesterday night and everything went fine. Did you create the database correctly, is all the information correct? (PW, database name, user, etc.)
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I don't know what half of these terms mean 2 years 1 month ago #86478

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
Did you try to create the database before with a tool like PHPmyAdmin and then insert the information like database name, user and password?

I am using LS 2.0 for test purposes on a Windows Notebook with XAMPP installed and installation worked like a charm.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: I don't know what half of these terms mean 2 years 1 month ago #86479

• relliott
  • Fresh Lemon
Holch,

Yes, I created the database before, let LS create the database, and tried a million other combinations in the path name.

I finally gave up, removed 2.0, and installed 1.92. It worked just great! The config.php and config-default.php files just did not work for me in 2.0 . . . don't know why, but I hope 1.92 will go smoothly.

Re: I don't know what half of these terms mean 2 years 1 month ago #86571

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
eftcolumbus wrote:
I would recommend add something like this to the beginning of the installation part of the manual. If I had read THIS I would be immediately comforted.
Our manual is a wiki. Simply click the "edit" link/icon and add some additional notes.

You can't do much wrong, there are backups of every revision.

Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: I don't know what half of these terms mean 2 years 1 month ago #86587

I just tried to add a page to the wiki, both a new one and as a child under Installation and it said I do not have permission. I was logged in as myself. Is there a special secret?
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image