Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work

Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work 1 year 7 months ago #84738

• fransmarcelissen
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 14
I have a problem installing limesurvey (1.92) on centos (6.3).
At first, after installing on centos, sending mail did not work. I use an external smtp server with a login code. The problem appeared to be selinux, that disables sending emails (! How the hell......). This problem was corrected with the command "setsebool httpd_can_sendmail=on".
However, now bounce control does not work. When I check bouncers, the check never ends. The errorlog does not display anything. I suspect this has also to do with selinux.
Has anyone succeeded in successfully installing limesurvey on centos? Or does anyone know what could be the problem?
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by fransmarcelissen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work 1 year 7 months ago #85531

• fransmarcelissen
  • Expert Lime
  • Thank you received: 14
Hi,
Unfortunately I did not recieve any reaction. So probably no-one uses centos? I thought it was one of the post popular linux distributions.
A smart colleage of mine found the solution: php-imap was not installed. So apparantly centos does not automatically install php-imap with php. Before I used ubuntu, and probably ubuntu installs php-imap automatically with php.
Can't it be considered a bug that limesurvey does not give an errormessage when a php module is missing? I think this should be checked automatically when installing limesurvey.
Frans

Re: Problem installing limesurvey on centos: bounce control does not work 1 year 7 months ago #85539

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 710
Installation system only in 2.0 version, not in 1.92.

And we can't do "Admin sys" job for all web server installation. There are difference betwwen Debian/Centos/OpenSuze/Fedora/Ubuntu/LFS/Toutou/ .... ;)

Denis
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Donation Image