Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IP questions

IP questions 2 years 3 months ago #84134

• carias67
  • Fresh Lemon
I have Limesurvey 1.91+ installed in an internal server. Some surveys will send to this internal IP address but others need to be send to an external address. We have our public IP. How can I setup my Limesurvey to send surveys to both IP?
I need users respond surveys from outside.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Arias
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: IP questions 2 years 3 months ago #84136

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 378
This is more a question to your system administrator than for the forum, because this very much depends on the configuration of your network, the firewall, etc.

Usually no one from outside should be able to access any computer within your network, due to security reasons.

So ask your system administrator if it is possible to access the computer/server where limesurvey is installed from outside. Only he/she will be able to give a definite response.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: IP questions 2 years 3 months ago #84145

• carias67
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Holch, thank you for your answer but I think my question was wrong and a little confused. I will ask again. I need to send surveys to external emails like This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., etc. After they answer the surveys I need to receive them on my limesurvey server. How can I setup Limesurvey to do that?

Thanks in advance again.

Sincerely

Carlos Arias

Re: IP questions 2 years 3 months ago #84147

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 378
So your server is available to the internet? It is not running in your local network or behind your firewall?

In this case there is no problem to register those emails in the token table and invite those guys to the survey.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds
Donation Image