Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83137

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Hi Holch,

I had already uninstalled it when I spotted the same problem with LimeService, so I don't know if it would have worked.

I have posted a query on the NoScript forum and the very helpful developer, Giorgio Maone, is looking into it:

forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8981&p=40153#p40153

He has asked if it is possible to have "guest access" to my LimeService admin panel to check it out directly but I could not see any options to add other "admins".

Do you happen to know if this is possible?

I have posted the source code of the page to help him to diagnose the problem so this might be enough information for him.

Best wishes,
Liz
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83138

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
I don't think it is possible to have a guest access to your account.

But what he can do is, to create his own account for free.

Or he can check out the Limesurvey demo here: www.limesurvey.org/en/demo

The test surveys there are deleted on a regular basis, so you can't use it for production, but for testing things this should be more than enough.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83139

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Ah! Good idea! Thank you :-)

[RESOLVED] ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83140

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Giorgio Maone could not replicate the problem with the demo version and gave me this advice - which worked!
In NoScript: Please try using the "Export" (for future reference) and the "Reset" buttons in NoScript's Options dialog and add both limesurvey.org and limequery.org to your whitelist.

Wonderful!

Those sites had already been in my NoScript whitelist before the reset - so something in the reset did the trick!

I hope it helps someone else (I did find some references to NoScript in the German forums earlier and got the translations but the problems were not related to one that I was having).

Best wishes,
Liz
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by CrlyWrly. Reason: Changed subject line to start [RESOLVED]

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83146

• alons
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I am from the Softaculous team.
I noticed this topic and I thought I should add some notes.
Softaculous DOESNT modify any of the LimeSurvey package.
Infact we dont modify ANY package.
We test our packages thoroughly and only after it has been approved through all stages of checks we launch them.
We are open to sharing our LimeSurvey package with the LimeSurvey team and we had offered this even when we first launched the package.
If you face any trouble with your installation via Softaculous, we will definitely be there to help you.
You can email us at support AT softaculous dot com.
Unlike other auto installers we are committed to quality.

Regards,
Alons (Softaculous Team)

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83152

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 381
Hi Alons,

Thanks for clarifying this! As I said, I didn't know whether your package is modified or not. I already had the case with one of the installers, where the integrated updates of a software did not work, due to modifications.

Good to know that you are not modifying anything. Makes error search easier in the future.

This problem was actually not Limesurvey, nor Softaculous related, but because of a noscript plugin in Firefox.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83166

• alons
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Also if you guys would like to go through our packages we are more than willing to give you the codes to have a look.

Regards,
Alons

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83169

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Hi Alons,

I should perhaps explain that I did not contact Softaculous for help because of the big notice that says that Softaculous does not provide support for any of the software it installs.

The only Softaculous support that I could find was a page of FAQ's that were not relevant.

This is not a complaint - just an explanation.

If there is a way to contact Softaculous for support, please could you post a link here, just in case I need help in future :-)

Best wishes,
Liz

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83170

• alons
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

Sir, we definitely provide support for all installations, but not the software usage, etc.
You can contact us here :
www.softaculous.com/contact

Regards,
Alons

Re: New Softaculous install - ComfortUpdate problem and Global Settings Button dead 2 years 4 months ago #83172

• CrlyWrly
  • Junior Lime
Thank you Alons :-)

I see now that I needed to look outside of the Softaculous installer itself :-)

Best wishes,

Liz
- Ms CrlyWrly :-)
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image