Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns

Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83031

• kamy
  • Fresh Lemon
I copied a template folder from a previous installation into the new survey, however the new template does not show in the admin panel. Neither under template editor, nor when I want to apply it to the new survey.

The new installation is the version 1.9, not sure what version the last one was but since we used it last year can't be too much older.

I exported the tpl and imported in to the new installation, it sort of works ! The biggest issue is that many questions do not display !
I looked at source and didn't find any issues....

So I'm totally confused now !

Please help ....thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83032

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 285
since a few versions of Limesurvey only the original templates shipped with limesurvey can be put in the template folder. Custom templates and copies of original templates have to be places in /upload/templates/. This is also where templates go which you copy within the template editor.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83033

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
And about being old: in the last year Limesurvey made a lot of progress. So even if you used your other version last year, it might be quite old and behind already.

There actually is already a lot of difference between 1.91 and 1.92.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83035

• kamy
  • Fresh Lemon
@holch : thanks for the replies.

So that clarifies a few things for me.
However I still don't understand why when I use the default tpl, the survey works fine, however in the copied tpl (from within uploads folder) some questions OR parts of questions do not show?

I look @ souce, all css/js are loading so I' thinking the issue is either in php or tpl files.....

ideas?

tx in advance

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83036

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
How did you copy it? Via FTP or within the template editor?

There must be parts missing. This happens sometimes with a faulty upload, which is quite frequent with FTP. Try to copy the default template via the template editor and it should work fine.

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83037

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
And one other thing: a while ago there were some changes to the template system, so if you are copying an old template into the new version, this might not work.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kamy

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 3 weeks ago #83038

• kamy
  • Fresh Lemon
I exported the template from older installation, then imported it into the new version.

I think what you said about the template system changes makes sense !
I have to read up on that to see what the diffs are.

tx

Re: Copied template does not showup in Admin dropdowns 2 years 9 hours ago #83861

• macanics
  • Fresh Lemon
Is there a way to assign a custom template the same protection as one of the 'original' templates? I tried copying into the template folder and of course this did not to work. I'd like my users to be able to access this template, and modify a copy, but not to be able to modify the template itself.
---john---
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
Donation Image