Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Survey Response File Downloads missing

Survey Response File Downloads missing 2 years 3 weeks ago #82985

• slsemrau
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm a bit perplexed with this one.

Still a bit new to php and limesurvey so please bear with me.

PHP Version 5.3.10

System Windows NT 6.1 build 7601 (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1) i586

LimeSurvey Version 1.91+ Build 12170

Survey setup and usage has been great so far. An administrator setup a survey with several questions that acquire file uploads. The survey is now expired and they are trying to download the files. However it appears as though some of the files are missing, which in turn causes the (download files into a ZIP file to fail).

* It would be nice to have some sort of feedback when this fails instead of just refreshing the screen.

When I count the number of file uploads in the responses I come up with 163 files listed; when I look at the directory where the files reside (/llimesurvey\upload\surveys\43687\files) there are 166 files.

* Okay that's the first interesting thing.

On the first response record I come across where I cannot download the file uploaded I did a little investigation:

- The database table record for the survey for that response where I can't download the file DOES IN FACT show a data entry -->

[{"title":"Ledger for Gibbes 2011-12","comment":"Sent As PDF","size":"139.69","name":"224-230_HEYWARD_GIBBES_YTD_BUDGET_REPORT_FY_2011-2012.pdf","filename":"fu_3t7biqfifvj547c","ext":"pdf"}]

- However when I go to the file upload directory above, that file name < fu_3t7biqfifvj547c > does not exist.

* That would explain why the ZIP procedure is probably not working when I try to zip ALL files or just the files for that record.

What could have possibly happened that there would be a database entry for the upload ( info above ) yet no corresponding file in the upload directory?

I have a couple of response records like this - over all I would have to say that 99% of the files are in fact there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey Response File Downloads missing 2 years 1 week ago #83552

• slsemrau
  • Fresh Lemon
Anyone with any indication as to why this might have happened?

Re: Survey Response File Downloads missing 2 years 1 week ago #83554

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
This is a very specific issue. I would suggest to subit a bug report, which will then be taken care of by one of the developers.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Aw: Re: Survey Response File Downloads missing 2 years 4 days ago #83931

I have posted pretty much the same problem back in 2011. We never found out where the problem lies.

But it's good to know that the problem persists :). I think I will reactivate my old, self-written upload form for LS then. It's not elegant but better than checking >1000 files by hand like last time... :laugh:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Donation Image