Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0

Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82034

Hi there - first of all I love LimeSurvey, thank you all for your hard work.

I have a survey running - all going well - and have always updated (3-click comfort update so I'm running Version 1.92+ Build 120613) when needed. Now, part way through, my surveys aren't logging the 'date last action' and 'date started' properly - it always now logs as "1980-01-01 00:00:00"

Screenshot below:

I've not changd the survey or any settings. What's happening please?
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by planneroftowns.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82036

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 273
Are you working (localy) on a virtual server?
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: planneroftowns

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82038

benitov wrote:
Are you working (localy) on a virtual server?

No, on 1&1 shared hosting.

If it helps rule something out, there's also a forum (phpBB) running and the dates on that are okay so I think the server time is set correctly.

And in LimeSurvey, global settings, general is showing the correct date and time (with a -1 offset applied for daylight savings here in the UK).

It's confusing, isn't it!

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82043

• lowprofile
  • Junior Lime
  • Thank you received: 1
Don't the most recent responses come at the bottom of the page, eg, newer responses have a correct date according to your screenshot

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82049

lowprofile wrote:
Don't the most recent responses come at the bottom of the page, eg, newer responses have a correct date according to your screenshot

I think it depends on which 'view' of the response you use.

Clicking 'display responses'

Loads them in 'ascending order (older first and what you're referring to)

Whilst clicking 'display last 50 responses'

Loads them the other way round, newest first. That's what I as using when I took the screenshot. If you look at the responseID column, you'll see they're that way round.

So it is definitely only the latest responses that are coming up with the odd date/time. It was working fine for a few weeks. Perhaps one of the latest updates has broken something?
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by planneroftowns.

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82067

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
planneroftowns wrote:
So it is definitely only the latest responses that are coming up with the odd date/time. It was working fine for a few weeks. Perhaps one of the latest updates has broken something?
Most probably there has been a bug fix which causes the different behavior.

Check if your survey is set to be non anonymous. In this case fake dates are used to enhance privacy. This might have been buggy and fixed recently.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82077

Mazi wrote:
planneroftowns wrote:
Most probably there has been a bug fix which causes the different behavior.

Check if your survey is set to be non anonymous. In this case fake dates are used to enhance privacy. This might have been buggy and fixed recently.

Ah, this sounds like it could be the reason. Thank you very much for your response. The survey is set as anonymous displayed via:
general settings - tokens - Anonymized responses? Answers to this survey are anonymized. (Cannot be changed)

However, I was confused as it also says under
general settings - notification and data management - Date stamp? Responses will be date stamped. (Cannot be changed)

Which I thought meant that I could see the date/time of responses. And that is what had been happening to date.

I don't want to use a token-basd survey in this instance - I am sending out an 'open call' for survey responses and then when people answer the survey they give their name and email address as part of the response. So I have their permission to record and store it with the responses, but didnt want them to have to go through the registration hassle of getting a token as I think this would reduce my overall number of repsonses. The survey does not have a token table associated with it.

Ideally, I'd like to roll-back to the previous (buggy!) version so that I can continue to record this date/time information but I notice that the latest update changed the database schema. So it sounds like going backwards would be a bit messy...

It is possible/desirable to roll back?

It seems a bit odd that you can't tell when a response was submitted, just from the point of view of letting you track how well responses are coming in over time, whether the responses are drying up etc. Does knowing a date and time risk anonymity? Limesurvey happily records the IP address which I would have thought would be more of an issue

As a work around I'll now have to go in each day and rename the responses with today's date (less worried about the time). But quite a manual work-around if there are lots of responses.

Can you please suggest how I might modify my limesurvey to allow this date information to be recorded?

Or could it perhaps be an option in future updates? Obviously, I appreciate I am only one person/user.

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82107

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
- I don't recommend to roll back to the previous version.

- A survey can be non anonymous and NOT use tokens. Simply don't create a token table and do not agree to switch to private mode when activating the survey.

- I'm not sure where how the link to the survey is distributed, but it might be an alternative to create a copy of the survey, set it to be non anonymous and distribute the link to the new survey.
You should be able to merge data later at SPSS or Excel or maybe even inside Limesurvey by using VV export/import and adapting the file structure: docs.limesurvey.org/Exporting+results&st...Export_and_VVImport_

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82112

Thank you very much indeed for your help - the support has been very quick and helpful. I think you're right - I'll export the survey data, deactivate the survey, change the settings and then reactivate. I'm off to leave a donation! :laugh:

Re: Survey Complete dates did work... now new responses logged as 1980-01-01 00:00:0 2 years 5 months ago #82132

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Thanks for supporting Limesurvey!

Dr. Marcel Minke
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Donation Image