Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517

Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 2 years 3 months ago #80761

Hi,
I am having problems using 3 Click Comfort Update to update from Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517.
When it gets to the database changes I get the following errors:-

The LimeSurvey database is being upgraded (2012-05-22 11:59:26) .Please be patient...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE [lime_surveys] DROP COLUMN [notification] Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The object 'DF__lime_surv__notif__4CA06362' is dependent on column 'notification'.
. . . . .
SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE [lime_surveys] ADD CONSTRAINT DF_surveys_anonymized DEFAULT 'N' FOR [anonymized] Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column already has a DEFAULT bound to it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE [lime_questions] ADD [relevance] varchar(max) Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'max'.
. . . . . . . . [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Ambiguous column name 'qid'.:select distinct c.*, q.sid, q.type from [lime_conditions] as c, [lime_questions] as q where c.cqid=q.qid union select c.*, q.sid, '' as type from [lime_conditions] as c, [lime_questions] as q where c.cqid = 0 and c.qid = q.qid order by sid, qid, scenario, cqid, cfieldname, value
I have to then rollback to my saved versions of the site and database to be able to get the site up and running again.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Rob
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rob_Williams.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 2 years 3 months ago #81035

Hi,
I posted this problem 5 days ago thinking someone may have experienced similar or that one of the core team might reply but no answer to my problem so far :(
Is my problem unique? Any ideas how I can successfully run the update? Is there a way I can do a fresh install and then repopulate the database with active and inactive surveys?
I want to feel confident I can overcome any issues with Limesurvey in a timely manner before I use it on bigger more siginificant surveys.

Hope someone can help :)

Thanks
Rob

Re: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 2 years 3 months ago #81209

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 111
Please create a bug report.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!

Re: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 1 year 11 months ago #86127

how did u rollback to the previous stable build???

pls help..

thanks in advance,

Krishna

Re: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 1 year 11 months ago #86501

• nohcho82
  • Junior Lime
Hello!
I had the same error. During the update
Please be patient...
and then nothing

I did not find a problem and rollback to previous version.

Please if you finded a problem, let me know,
thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by nohcho82.

Re: Problems updating Limesurvey 1.90+ Build 9642 to V1.92+ 120517 1 year 11 months ago #86559

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
In case you are having problems using ComfortUpdate it would be interesting if someone has tried to update manually (docs.limesurvey.org/Upgrading+from+a+pre...tions+for+LimeSurvey).

Did you notice the same problems?

BTW: ComfortUpdate might time out if there are a large number of changes to be made but limited server resources.
You might find additional information at the server's error log in this case. Raising limits like "max_execution_time" and/or "memory_limit" might help.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Donation Image