Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Expression manager: hidden equation question is not interpreted

Expression manager: hidden equation question is not interpreted 2 years 5 months ago #80601

I have a questionnaire in 1.92. Before the actual questionnaire starts, I want to do some calculations. Expecially I want to set an equation question to a part of the survey name. I do that by setting the equation question to {str_replace("Tevredenheidsonderzoek ","",SURVEYNAME)}
This does not work if the page is skipped, because all questions on it are invisible. Is this intended behaviour? But the value is then set to the string "str_replace("Tevredenheidsonderzoek ","",SURVEYNAME)" Is this a bug, or do I understand something incorrectly?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Expression manager: hidden equation question is not interpreted 2 years 5 months ago #80626

• TMSWhite
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 82
Please check the Show Survey Logic file for errors, and if none found, please attach a sample survey showing the behavior you're describing.

In general, if you set a group's relevance to false, nothing within it will be processed. However, if the group is relevant, and all questions are hidden AND one of the hidden questions is an Equation, then the Equation will get processed, so the group is not skipped, even though it may appear that way (since the equation is processed and its value is saved, but nothing in that group is visible so the user sees the next group).
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
Donation Image