Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do I add a line in the Template Editor so I add more code ?

How do I add a line in the Template Editor so I add more code ? 2 years 4 months ago #79635

• gfgardner
  • Fresh Lemon
I am doing quite well (I think) at editing my template and liked the video produced by the student. I have a copied template and can change the logo etc.

However as a Windoze user I do not know the simple things such as how do you add a line into the template editor.

I dont mean how do I add code to do this, I mean what do I press (CTRL + i or something) in order to move all the lines down so I can add a new one of my own.

sorry if it is a basic question but i did first search the web and the help section of the template editor
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I add a line in the Template Editor so I add more code ? 2 years 4 months ago #80307

• gfgardner
  • Fresh Lemon
OK I think I may have worked it out. I was not being stupid (well not too much)

It turns out that in my combination of Win7 and Ie9 the template editor defaults to a combination of display features and highlighting that on my machine at least flashes and flashes and does not allow a straightforward edit.

So the solution is to click on toggle syntax first, this stops the button for disable highlighting being grey so it can be clicked to disable the highlighting.

In other words, which is what I do, click the two buttons in various orders until you can see a straightforward screen that you can edit. (or else use Jedit which is downloadable free and works well)

Hope this helps others do this and to give feedback on the template editor.

Otherwise I love LimeSurvey

Re: How do I add a line in the Template Editor so I add more code ? 2 years 4 months ago #80328

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 818
Hello,

If there are some issue for IE9 and template editor, maube you can put a bug report.

And you can deactivate javascript template editor in your personnal settings:
/admin/admin.php?action=personalsettings

Re: How do I add a line in the Template Editor so I add more code ? 2 years 4 months ago #80472

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
I can reproduce the problem.

Please file a ticket at our bugtracker!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Mazi.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
Donation Image