Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Default template: Left justify survey-welcome and completed-text?

Default template: Left justify survey-welcome and completed-text? 2 years 4 months ago #79060

• jdeisenberg
I'm having the students in my "Research Methods in Psychology" class use LimeSurvey for their projects. For their surveys, the "welcome" message is fairly long--several paragraphs of two or three lines each--and it's difficult to read when it's all centered. The same thing applies for the "exit message," when the participant is told the purpose of the survey and how to contact the student.

I'm curious to know how many people have more than one or two lines in their welcome/exit messages, and whether it would be worthwhile to make the default template left justify those classes? (I already modified my template.css file.)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Default template: Left justify survey-welcome and completed-text? 2 years 4 months ago #79104

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
I think for the common user the centered text is fine. Lots of users even skip the welcome page.

As you have mentioned, it is no big deal to create a copy of the template and change the alignment at the template.css file.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Default template: Left justify survey-welcome and completed-text? 1 year 4 months ago #94528

• rellinb
  • Fresh Lemon
<div style="text-align: left;"> at the beginning of your message, and </div> at the very end. This worked for me without having to modify the template.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Donation Image