Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Set global permissions for this user" is always blank.

"Set global permissions for this user" is always blank. 2 years 7 months ago #78909

• frankieh
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi all,

I have an odd issue with a past update (not sure which one) whereby looking in any specific users global permissions which you use to give create survey, manage templates etc permissions is always blank.. there are no check boxes and no text. just the header tool-bar and a blank blue page.

To give the users permissions, I have to edit the underlying mysql table and change the 0's to 1's in the appropriate table cells for that user.

Has anyone experienced this before? Did you fix it? if so, how?

any help would be much appreciated.

regards

Frank
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: "Set global permissions for this user" is always blank. 2 years 7 months ago #78913

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 868
Hello,

When you want to set global permission are you connected on super admin ? Or admin number 1 ?

Denis

Re: "Set global permissions for this user" is always blank. 2 years 7 months ago #78934

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Try claering your browser cache or use a different browser.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: "Set global permissions for this user" is always blank. 2 years 6 months ago #80667

• frankieh
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Guys,

Sorry, I had forgotten I'd asked this till I saw that a build update was available for LS.

Tried IE and FF on Win7 and Linux as the admin user.. was the same problem.

Noticed that today LS update seems to have solved the problem of no user permissions being presented but created new problems..
Now I have missing button names and stuff. See screenshot here:
http://bits-ticket.biz.uwa.edu.au/franki/buttons.jpg

Just found this:
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/...7f84f6c0b8df3#diff-0

Tis odd that my limesurvey still thinks 516 is the latest build rather than the one that fixes it?

Again that is in IE and FF.

I'm probably going to have to roll the install back quickly as this is a production limesurvey with 61 active surveys on it (University survey system ) unless the problem is something simple like a missing library file ?

UPDATE
OK, for some reason the 517 update didn't appear as a available update until after I manually downloaded it and copied the locale directory into my installed limesurvey, then it offered to update me to 517 and proceeded to do so successfully.

regards

Frank
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by frankieh.

Re: "Set global permissions for this user" is always blank. 2 years 6 months ago #80721

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
The ComfortUpdater only grabs a new version when a weekly bugfix release is published. This should explain the "delay".frankieh wrote:
OK, for some reason the 517 update didn't appear as a available update until after I manually downloaded it and copied the locale directory into my installed limesurvey, then it offered to update me to 517 and proceeded to do so successfully.
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to give Limesurvey a future .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Donation Image