Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Image Upload - apache - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok

Image Upload - apache - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 7 months ago #75677

I have the exact same problem, with LimeSurvey 1.91+ build 12/02/26 on Apache on Linux. I get the same message when I just click Browse Server - this is in the image upload dialog, which is served from admin/scripts/kcfinder (funny, because admin/scripts/kcfinder/config.php says it's disabled - not that setting it to enabled made any difference).

All directories named tmp or upload and all of their subdirectories are world-writable, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

My problem isn't so much that this is happening, but that it's difficult to debug for someone like me who doesn't know the code.

I have set $debug = 1 in LimeSurvey's config.php, display_errors and display_startup_errors on, but no errors or warnings are shown anywhere, neither on the screen not in Apache's error_log. I have set $uploadDir in KCFinder's config.php to various absolute and relative values, without any difference.

How do I figure out which directory KCFinder is trying to write to???
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by reinier_post.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Image Upload - apache - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 7 months ago #75708

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
Hello,

It's not the same issue : here with apache on linux.

Did you have a upload/surveys directory ?
If you update with auto update, maybe this directory aren't created.

Same think if yes and for upload/surveys/surveyid ( the surveyid like 5656 ).

Did you have acces to the serveur error log ?

Denis

Re: Image Upload - apache - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 7 months ago #75918

Denis,

A million thanks for the hint! I did not update or anything but a fresh install, but somehow the update/surveys directory was indeed missing, and now that I created it and gave it the right permissions, image uploading seems to be working perfectly!

The question remains why LimeSurvey isn't displaying any messages in our Apache error_log. Is there some other log that I can enable?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by reinier_post.

Re: Image Upload - apache - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 7 months ago #75922

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 840
Here, i think it's "HTML editor" error, but you can try:
[code type=php-brief]$debug = 3;[/code] in config.php
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Donation Image