Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16

Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75653

• Chuanse
  • Fresh Lemon
I really don't know for sure if the title is truthful...

But I cannot find another explanation. The Lime install worked fine before, and the survey in question did too. Other surveys on the system do not have the problem, but they are not different then the one that is giving problems.

After the second page of this particular survey (which takes like 15 secs to complete) I get the session expired error.

Can anyone tell me how to debug this if php.ini settings and suhosin settings are already checked and those are ruled out to be the problem.
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Chuanse.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75748

• Chuanse
  • Fresh Lemon
No one able to tell me how to debug this specific issue of session time-outs?

:/

Re: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75795

• Chuanse
  • Fresh Lemon
So i've been reading around, tried all I could find.

Let's be clear on 4 things for starters:

1) suhosin is installed as module, but simulation is on. The log for it is not giving any error for limesurvey. It does for some other php script so it works alright.

2) gc_lifetime in php.ini is set to 3600

3) other surveys on our Lime platform (1.91+ Build 120302 and 11026 for debug) are just working fine, no session issues there.

4) I have set the limesurvey session timeout to the maximum indication in limedocs.

After reading around I tried to find info by enabling $debug in config.php (tried 1, 2, 3...) no error messages are given.
Then I added to config.php:
ini_set('display_errors', 'On');
error_reporting(E_ALL);
=> no errors

then i added to config.php
$sessionhandler = 'db';
=> still the same problem.

On this particular survey, after submitting page 2 it keeps giving me the session timeout.

I'm lost, I have no clue. This survey is important to evaluate students on our campus (i didn't make the survey myself) and the only thing I can say is that there are a lot of conditions to questions. But that shouldn't be a problem i guess.

I think, but i'm not sure, that the problem started after the latest debian php update last week (PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16)

Maybe someone can tell me what to do? The girl who made the survey is really depressed since she put a lot of hours in building it :/

the phpinfo and lss file is available for download (couldn't attach it caus to large)
Last Edit: 2 years 8 months ago by c_schmitz.

Re: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75796

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 117
That does not seem to be 5.2.6 OR the max_input_vars feature has been backported from 5.3.9 OR Suhosin somehow implements max_input_vars for older version:

php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php

Advice: Try to raise max_input_vars in php.ini
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuanse

Re: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75803

• Chuanse
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi c_schmitz,

since I don't seem to have php5.3.x it didn't came to my mind to add that variable to php.ini.

I have added max_input_vars with a value of 5000 and now the survey works again.
Big thanks to you!! B)

What would be a safe value to set it to actually? How many vars does the average large survey need?

Kind regards
John

Re: Session expired: problem occuring after debian PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny16 2 years 8 months ago #75813

• c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 117
I think leaving it at 5000 covers it well.
Support us, too. Donate to the LimeSurvey project and help keep us going!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chuanse
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds
Donation Image