Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quick-translation not available

Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73772

• cbfunky
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi guys, according to docs.limesurvey.org/Quick-translation the quick-translation feature is available in v1.91. I asked our DB admin to upgrade our existing LimeSurvey (not allowed to do it myself unfortunately, so I might not be able to give you all the info needed) and according to the login page, it is now on "Version 1.91+ Build 12170".

When I go in the limesurvey demo, I can access the quick translation feature, but on our own install with the version above, this feature does not exist.

Any tips as to how I can get this working? Are there separate modules our admin needs to install?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73775

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 800
Hello,

according to my installation, i have the menu on 1.91+ 12358,

You have a multi-langal survey ?

Denis
PS: seems to have a bug on /admin/admin.php?action=translate&sid=XXXXX

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73777

• cbfunky
  • Fresh Lemon
Hey Denis,

yes, I have a survey set up as multi-lingual. I tried c+v'ing the url you posted and got access denied. I'll ask the admin to update the version to 12358 and see if that works. Thanks!

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73778

• tacman1123
  • LimeSurvey Team
Google is discontinuing the free translation API:

Important: Google Translate API v2 is now available as a paid service only, and the number of requests your application can make per day is limited. As of December 1, 2011, Google Translate API v1 is no longer available; it was officially deprecated on May 26, 2011. These decisions were made due to the substantial economic burden caused by extensive abuse. For website translations, we encourage you to use the Google Website Translator gadget.

I get timeouts and warnings using QuickTranslate, I assume it's because of this. But maybe QuickTranslate uses another service now?

Tac

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73782

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
cbfunky wrote:
yes, I have a survey set up as multi-lingual. I tried c+v'ing the url you posted and got access denied.
If you replace the XXXX with the surveyid, maybe you don't have acces to the translation of the survey .

Are you the Administrator of the survey ?

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73783

• cbfunky
  • Fresh Lemon
@tacman: Ah, I'm not actually talking about the google part of this. There is two parts to the quick translation, one is the actual quick translation, the other is the instant translation that uses the google translate. I'm only looking for the first part that basically groups all text that needs localisation in one place to make pure text access more convenient.

@Shnoulle: yes, I am. I have regular admin rights to the whole installation (not super admin)
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by cbfunky.

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73784

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
cbfunky wrote:

@Shnoulle: yes, I am. I have regular admin rights to the whole installation (not super admin)
Can you see if super-admin have the right ?

If yes, please ask him to look at survey permission if he give you access to "Quick translation", there are a specific settings for this.

If you are the admin , you have to access this screen, i look on my installation :).

Denis

PS1: it's OK if you create the survey
PS2: need to get a new file : limesurvey.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/li...ision&revision=12363
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73812

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
It looks fine here: demo.limesurvey.org/admin/admin.php?acti...2&tolang=de-informal
User: admin
Password: test

Do you see the "new" menu at the Limesurvey admin backend including the quick translate icon? Maybe some old CSS file is loaded from cache?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73836

• cbfunky
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok, so:

I got myself some super-admin rights (hooray) and now I can see the quick translation. The permission settings for that is (as far as I can tell) per survey? But: even if I am the person creating the survey, I do not automatically have quick translation permission. In fact, noone but the super-admin (and whoever I explicitly give permission to) does.

So my question is:
* is there a general/global setting that I haven't found that allows me to set global quick translate permissions on users or groups (i.e. the group "Translators" should always automatically have access to quick translation on any survey)?
* is there a setting that I missed so that quick translation is automatically available to the user creating the survey?

Re: Quick-translation not available 2 years 6 months ago #73837

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 294
There is a survey based setting for the quick translation feature, see docs.limesurvey.org/Manage+users&structu..._for_a_single_survey

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Donation Image