Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to add regular express validation in short text input field?

Re: How to add regular express validation in short text input field? 2 years 7 months ago #73993

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
sammy wrote:
Thanks your information.
Where to input/place em_validation_q advanced question option ? please advise.
Doesn't the manual tell you where to do that?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to add regular express validation in short text input field? 2 years 7 months ago #74018

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

it is called "Question validation equation" and you can see/change it if you click "Show advanced settings".

It would be nice if you could explain the EM related things in a more understandable way. I may understand what you are talking about because I actively work with it but users not familiar with EM might have problems understanding things like "you could set the em_validation_q equation".
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: How to add regular express validation in short text input field? 1 year 11 months ago #86186

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
vierundzwanzig wrote:
Hello,

it is called "Question validation equation" and you can see/change it if you click "Show advanced settings".

It would be nice if you could explain the EM related things in a more understandable way. I may understand what you are talking about because I actively work with it but users not familiar with EM might have problems understanding things like "you could set the em_validation_q equation".
There is an interesting blog post at www.limesurvey-consulting.com which describes different methods of validating email addresses:
"How to validate email addresses at Limesurvey"

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: How to add regular express validation in short text input field? 1 year 10 months ago #88627

• setup
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,
i'm newbiee and a i'm in a similar situation, tried to explain:

after the first login page wich is the token field
i want to ask for a second secure question which is the passport ID 9 characters (TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1)

i 've tried two diferents solutions:

1.- conditions: is two make two more questions groups after the passport question, one group says: your response to Passport ID is no good, and the other group is the really questions i wat to make. I've donned it with "conditions". Like: show this question IF token:attribute_1=... But the problems is when the passport ID is wrong and jumps the group question saying "wrong answer", i don't know how to let the user come back for reentry the passport ID

2.- Question validation equation: i put regexMatch(implode('',TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1),this) in advanced settings wich seems to work because until 8 character the background of the field is red and in the 8 and 9 character it becomes white. But when i summit "Next" it doesn't work..

any help please? i've tryed a lot of combinations and readed the manuals "Advanced question settings" and "Using regular expressions" a lot of times and didn't get with the solutions

Help in advanced
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Donation Image