Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: creating a scale for my survey

creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73401

hello!
In my survey I want to ask the respondent to allocate a score based on a scale of 1-3. There is no ranking 1-3 just choosing a score on the scale. I have to explain what each point of the scale is. I once saw a survey which, when you put the mouse on each point of the scale it tells you what each score represents. Is it possible to create this question using limesurvey, or can anyone recommend another way to do this?
Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73409

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 234
Hi,
Maybe the best for this is a basic 'list' question type (radio button)
Ben.
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73459

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Can you either give us a link to the survey you are referring to or create a little draft and attach the image file here?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73465

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

I think Ben is right, the question type "List (radio)" can be used for this question. But let's have a look at the other thinks you mentioned in your post.

If you want the radio buttons to be next to each other you can set "Display columns" in the advanced settings to "3". When you create answers for this question you don't have to use text, you can e.g. use the HTML-editor (pen symbol) to add a picture like a smiley.

If you want to give the participant more information about the question you can use the "Help" text to give some help. The tip you saw when somebody moves the mouse over an element could be the title set for your html-element or a mouseover element which was set up in the template.js file of design template or directly at the question if you set "Filter HTML for XSS:" in the global settings to "No".

I added a question I created with LimeSurvey 1.91+ as attachment. You can have a look at it, if the path(which is localhost and should be replaced by the path of your LimeSurvey installation), images and titles don't match you can easily edit them in the answers section of this question.

SmileyQuestion.jpg

Question:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey_question_327.lsq
File Size: 5 KB
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73522

Thank you so much for your posts. The comments have been very helpful. I should have mentioned that the answers were multiple choice because I need to include time frames. As suggested I will post the survey so you can see the question I am drafting. Please find the link below. Perhaps however, the question is user-friendly enough as it is?
expert.limequery.com/37936/lang-en

Re: creating a scale for my survey 2 years 5 months ago #73574

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
gemmamcnulty wrote:
Thank you so much for your posts.
You're welcome :-)

If our hints have been helpful and you enjoy limesurvey please consider a donation to the team .
We do all this in our free time and you don't have to pay a penny for this software.

Without your help we can't keep this project alive.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
Donation Image