Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel)

CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 10 months ago #72917

• klauri
  • Fresh Lemon
I am having problems with exporting four of my 25 questionnaires into Excel. When I attempt to dump the data from LS into Excel I get this error message:

Access denied! Security alert: Someone may be trying to use your LimeSurvey session (CSRF attack suspected). If you just clicked on a malicious link, please report this to your system administrator. Also this problem can occur when you are working/editing in LimeSurvey in several browser windows/tabs at the same time.

I have been using these questionnaires for over 8 months (deploying them once a month)and I have never had this problem. We just un-installed the Shushin package, as we thought it was creating new problems that did not exist before. I cleared my internet cache after it was uninstalled. However, I am still getting this error message when I try to export.

I do not believe that I am using mulptiple browser windows or tabs either.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated. This is a grant funded project that we do program evaluation for a Cancer Partnership.
Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 10 months ago #73008

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
1. Which Limesurvey version do you use?

2. How big are the exported files/are there lots of answers?

3. Please check the servers error log. Are there any errors reporting when trying to export results?

4. Please switch on debug mode by adding the following line to your config.php file:
$debug = '1';

Are there any additional errors reported on top of the page?

5. Does exporting to MS Word or other formats work fine?

6. What happens if you export only some very few of the data sets?

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 5 months ago #82024

• baz123
  • Fresh Lemon
I have a new install of 1.92+ build 120530 and I am getting this error. Only one survey in the system - 2 responses (I'm testing it). I can get an export to Excel but not view stats in either HTML or PDF. IE7 - and no I cannot use another version for now - corporate policy and I only have one browser open and LimeSurvey in a single tab. I do not have Admin rights to the server but will need to provide some compelling explanation of what is wrong and what needs to be fixed.

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 5 months ago #82026

• baz123
  • Fresh Lemon
Had a thought; Logged out and closed the browser. On restart and logging in to LimeSurvey, I was able to view the statistics. It seems it may not just be caused when having more than one window open so the advice should be extended to logging out of LimeSurvey and restarting all browsers.

I had previously copied a survey and made that copy active (within the same session) and then submitted 2 responses myself. All that may be contributing factors.

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 5 months ago #82028

• Ben_V
  • Platinum Lime
  • Thank you received: 274
../
6. How stable/fast is your internet connexion?

=>I've already seen this message (backoffice working) but each time using a pretty slow adsl 3G modem...
Benoît

goo.gl/Bw5iM => Recherche GG dans le forum français (remplacer "exemple" dans la barre de recherche)
goo.gl/WX8PH => GG search for english forum (Replace "example" in the search bar)
goo.gl/IxiGu => Búsqueda en el foro en español (Cambiar "ejemplo" en la barra de...

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 5 months ago #82031

• baz123
  • Fresh Lemon
Internet connection is reasonable (Corporate LAN through a gateway).

Re: CSRF attack suspected (Error message when exporting survey results to excel) 2 years 5 months ago #82075

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
baz123 wrote:
Had a thought; Logged out and closed the browser. On restart and logging in to LimeSurvey, I was able to view the statistics. It seems it may not just be caused when having more than one window open so the advice should be extended to logging out of LimeSurvey and restarting all browsers.

I had previously copied a survey and made that copy active (within the same session) and then submitted 2 responses myself. All that may be contributing factors.
Good catch, that probably caused the problem. Please update any forum/manual entry related to this and add additional information.

Thanks!

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
Donation Image