Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Image Upload - IIS - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok

Image Upload - IIS - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 2 months ago #72860

• spessex
  • Silver Donor
I have now got Lime Survey working and am very impressed however I just have one issue at the moment regarding image uploads.

When ever I click on 'image' in the question editor and then click the 'upload' tab', 'browse' for the file and then 'Send it to the Server' I get a grey warning boxing stating 'Cannot write to upload folder'.

Obviously I spoke to my dedicated server provided and we have changed the permissions accordingly on the 'upload' folder and it the problem still remains. I have even changed the permissions on the 'tmp' folder just incase (as described in the Linux file instructions even though I am on a windows IIS server (windows server 2003).

I am using 1.92 RC1.

Hope someone can help or advise as I would really like to add images to my surveys.

Thank you

Stephen
grab.tiff
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by spessex. Reason: image not showing
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Image Upload - IIS - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 2 months ago #72865

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
Hello,

LimeSurvey 1.92 RC1 is a so called "Release Candidate" and is not a stable version. You might want to switch to LimeSurvey 1.91+ or wait for the stable release of LimeSurvey 1.92.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Image Upload - IIS - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 2 months ago #72867

• spessex
  • Silver Donor
Okay. Thank you. I will try this.

Re: Image Upload - IIS - cannot write to upload folder even when permissions are ok 2 years 2 months ago #72879

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
It's probably a rights problem. For the file upload to work properly, the folders /tmp and /upload AND all subfolders have to be writeable.
Furthermore the user/webserver needs the right to create folders and write into them.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image