Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now'

LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72320

• AlexiaK
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello all. After designing my questionnaire with LimeService I am now planning on using a participant recruitment company called 'Research Now'.

'Research Now' asked me whether their systems are compatible with LimeService. More specifically, they asked me to confirm that LimeService is compatible with 'Research Now' requirements on appending subsIDs and setting up exit/re-direct links.

I have attached a file they send me with their details on this. Can anyone offer any much needed help with this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72325

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 787
Hello,

You can use PASSTHRUE fields

docs.limesurvey.org/URL+fields&highlight...u#Passthrough_fields

And you can contact LimeService support team :).

Denis

Re: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72347

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Sorry, there is no file attached?!

In general this should be possible, e. g. you can pass data from Research Now into hidden Limesurvey questions by URL and later read out that data and pass back certain values.

I have done this before for several customers. The details of course depend on your survey set up and their requirements. When it comes to quotas for screening out users it gets a little more complicated buit it's all doable.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72373

• AlexiaK
  • Fresh Lemon
Thank you for the responses.

If I understand correctly you have worked with Research Now before and so this is all possible. I have attached the file from Research Now so you can double check (page 3). How long should I allow to set this up? And is it best for me to try it out and get back to you if I get stuck or is it easier for LimeService to set this up for me?

Thank you again for your support!

Research now info.PDF

Alexia

Re: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72375

• AlexiaK
  • Fresh Lemon
There is a problem with the attachement so I have copy-pasted the information from Research Now:

Research Now need to be able to keep track of the progress of its panellists through your survey. In order to do so, we assign each of them with a unique 8 or 9 digit “subsID”. This subsID is appended
by Research Now to the entry links set up for your survey.
Once a panellist has clicked on the entry link and entered the survey, we also need to record the outcome of each panellist’s journey through the survey. This is so that you and Research Now know:

• Who has completed the survey, so the panellist can be rewarded with their incentive and you can record how many completes you have.
• Who has been rejected from the survey, because they do not meet the survey’s screening criteria (screen-out).
• Who has been rejected from the survey, because their particular quota has already been filled (quota-full).

The way we track these outcomes is by embedding outcome links into the survey. These record panellists as either complete, screen-out or quota-full and are referred to as exit/re-direct links.

Research Now will send you the exit/re-direct links as follows:
Complete link
e.g: www.redirects.researchnow.co.uk/XYZcomp.asp?subsid=xxxxxx
Screen-out link
e.g: www.redirects.researchnow.co.uk/XYZscreen.asp?subsid=xxxxxx
Quota-full link
e.g: www.redirects.researchnow.co.uk/XYZqfull.asp?subsid=xxxxxx

Here is an example of how the entry and exit links should be implemented:
1. You provide Research Now with your survey link, e.g:
yourdomain.com/survey/enter.asp
2. Research Now will attach the subsID for each respondent to this link, e.g:
yourdomain.com/survey/enter.asp?subsid=20000001
3. When this panellist enters the survey, the subsID 20000001 needs to be stored in your database and appended to the appropriate exit/re-direct link when he/she leaves the survey, e.g:

If this panellist completes the survey, he/she needs to be directed here:
www.redirects.researchnow.co.uk/XYZcomp.asp?subsid=20000001

If this panellist screens out, he/she needs to be directed here:
www.redirects.researchnow.co.uk/XYZscreen.asp?subsid=20000001

It is important that our panellists view the correct exit page when they leave the survey. Therefore, if the survey is completed, their reward is automatically logged in their account. If there is an error with the set up of the exit links, our panellists may be confused about whether or not they completed the survey.

Please note, when using the e-Rewards panel, clients are required to implement two 12 digit variables, ID and subsID.

Re: LimeService compatibility with 'Research Now' 2 years 6 months ago #72412

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Hi Alexia,

according to the links and instructions my customer seems to have worked with Research Now :-)

I can set up your survey according to their requirements. We can use your LimeService account for this.
I hope you understand that this is way beyond free support (which we all do in our free time). So if you are interested in advanced, paid support please contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will give you a rough quote and will take care of it.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Donation Image