Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column

manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71582

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
hi,
i'm upgrading limesurvey from 1.7+ to 1.9, manually, and want to keep my original database. is this possible? I followed each step in the manual. In trying to get to the installer, i ran into a number of issues that popped up about specific files, i re-uploaded the files and finally got to the installer. however, now, i have a page that looks like this:

SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `parent_qid` integer NOT NULL default '0' Reason: Duplicate column name 'parent_qid'

SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE `lime_answers` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0' Reason: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'

SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0' Reason: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'

SQL command failed: ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `same_default` tinyint NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'Saves if user set to use the same default value across languages in default options dialog' Reason: Duplicate column name 'same_default'
SQL command failed: CREATE TABLE `lime_defaultvalues` ( `qid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `scale_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `sqid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `language` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `specialtype` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `defaultvalue` text, PRIMARY KEY (`qid` , `scale_id`, `language`, `specialtype`, `sqid` ) ) ENGINE=myISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci Reason: Table 'lime_defaultvalues' already exists

SQL command failed: INSERT INTO lime_defaultvalues (qid, scale_id,language,specialtype,defaultvalue) VALUES (8,0,'en','','12x') Reason: Duplicate entry '8-0-en--0' for key 1

SQL command failed: INSERT INTO lime_defaultvalues (qid, scale_id,language,specialtype,defaultvalue) VALUES (57,0,'en','','alway') Reason: Duplicate entry '57-0-en--0' for key 1

SQL command failed: INSERT INTO lime_defaultvalues (qid, scale_id,language,specialtype,defaultvalue) VALUES (59,0,'en','','alway') Reason: Duplicate entry '59-0-en--0' for key 1
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . gettemplatelist() no template directory

i saw some people with similar problems, uploaded a new updater, but none of this worked. is it possible to keep my database, becuase i did have a survey on there that i wanted to reuse. I did do a backup to begin with, so i have a copy of it if i need to assign a new database, but then i wouldnt be sure how to transfter the information from old to new. any suggestions, first on how to fix limesurvey, then on whether i need a new database?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71821

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
It seems that the first update was only run partially so some new tables already exist, causing problems when calling the update again.

If you have a backup I would...

1. Create another backup of the current DB, just in case.

2. Delete the current DB and replace it with the one from your first backup.

3. Run the installer again.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71865

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
thank you for your response. The backup that i have from my old db was using the tool within lime survey. i dont think i know how to create a backup using sql. can you help me with that? (i do have akeeba backup tool, if that helps) also, i'm not sure i would know how to use the old backup as a replacement when i delete the current db.
Thanks!

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71885

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
tanoah, I'm sorry, but I think this can't be solved by remote help. I need to have direct database access to check the problem and maybe fix it.
I offer advanced (paid) support so if you are interested in solving this, you can drop me a note at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71961

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
I did as you suggested: I backed up the "current" database, just in case, then deleted it. created a new db with the same name, and Restored it using the "old" original .sql file i backed up before the upgrade.
I ran the installer again. this is what i got:
Welcome to LimeSurvey setup!

The database defined in config.php does not exist.
LimeSurvey can attempt to create this database for you.

Your selected database name is: mydatabasename.

I know the db exists, because i created it and restored it. My questions are 1. Is it necessary to allow limesurvey to create the db?
2. if so, what was the purpose of restoring it?
3. is there another index or config where i need to indicate the name of the db?

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #71962

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
Nevermind. i fixed that part. Now getting
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . gettemplatelist() no template directory

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #72007

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
Check if the folder /limesurvey/upload/templates exists and is writeable.

Dr. Marcel Minke

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #72012

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
it is there, and it is writeable.

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #72014

• tanoah
  • Fresh Lemon
i cleaned the database again and attempted to run installer. still got the same "... gettemplatelist..." as above.

Re: manual installation, sql command fail duplicate column 2 years 6 months ago #72026

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
I have never read about this error before and without having a look at the server itself I can't help muhc, sorry :-(

Maybe www.LimeService.com is an alternative?

Dr. Marcel Minke
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
Donation Image