Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator

Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator 2 years 9 months ago #70578

• fradeff
  • Fresh Lemon
a limesurvey user (administrator) recently showed me a semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey admin

description: when an administrator creates a question, s/he's asked to choose a "Question type"; as a matter of fact, it is not a "Question type" but an "Answer type", and my user didn't understand that - he was so confusing that he stops there

snapshot link:

wouldn't it sounds better to as for an "Answer type?"

note: we work mainly in french but the problem is similar in english
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator 2 years 9 months ago #70580

• Steve
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 46
There also some questions that have subquestions (e.g. array questions), so if you want to rename it correctly it should be something like subquestion/answer type.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Stefan Gohlke
LimeSurvey Team

Re: Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator 2 years 9 months ago #70581

• fradeff
  • Fresh Lemon
thanks, you're right!

but my question is a general suggestion for new versions of limesurvey - if limesurvey developpers think it's good idea & I won't make a local hack
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by fradeff.

Re: Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator 2 years 9 months ago #70613

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 296
There haven't been any such complaints before. I agree that one might mix things up, but if you have a look at the available question types, I think "question types" is the better term compared to "answer types".

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: Semantic confusion between question and answer for limesurvey administrator 2 years 9 months ago #70813

• fradeff
  • Fresh Lemon
thanks for your answer
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
Donation Image