Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Php Error (session_start) and (session_regenerate)

Php Error (session_start) and (session_regenerate) 3 years 1 week ago #68972

• RayJ
  • Fresh Lemon
Not sure what is causing the issue or how to fix it as I just got this error after running limesurvey for a year with no issues.

When trying to login through admin I get the following errors

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/chroot/home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/tmp/sess_53ee5113a483a9191caf7ff08adaf289, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/sessioncontrol.php on line 36

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/sessioncontrol.php:36) in /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/sessioncontrol.php on line 36

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/sessioncontrol.php:36) in /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/sessioncontrol.php on line 36

Warning: session_regenerate_id() [function.session-regenerate-id]: Cannot regenerate session id - headers already sent in /home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/html/survey/admin/usercontrol.php on line 133

When trying to complete the survey as a user I get the following

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/chroot/home/content/r/a/y/rayztheman/tmp/sess_21bd0376f9d77f99b1bde5ea9aee9b8b, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Php Error (session_start) and (session_regenerate) 3 years 1 week ago #68987

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 868
Hello,

It's a server misconfiguration, you have to verify this:
Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0
If you can't , you can try DB session:
// $sessionhandler can be either 'file' or 'db'. (default: 'file').
$sessionhandler     =  'db';
in your config.php :)

Re: Php Error (session_start) and (session_regenerate) 3 years 1 week ago #69013

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Also check if the "session.save_path" set in php.ini config file exists and is writeable.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
Donation Image