Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Restore a survey from phpmyadmin?

Restore a survey from phpmyadmin? 2 years 8 months ago #68555

• Novrup
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

First of all - Limesurvey is a fantastic piece of software! but yesterday it didn't work, when I try to open it. Instead of the screensite with "user" and "password" there was just a white site saying something about an update (see the text further below in this mail).

It seems like the system crashed during the update - but the strange part is that I haven't asked for an update (I had the 1.90 version) and i neither chose the "comfort update" (not that i'm awared).

The problem is that I can't open the program and I haven't exported/back upped all of my surveys etc.

I know they are stored in Phpmyadmin database - but is it possible to restore a complete survey (with unique template, questions etc) from phpmyadmin? I asked my server administrator and they say that they can't help, but think there should be somekind of sql-script in limesurvey, where I could restore the complete survey/questionaire

Can anyone help? I really need to get a) limesurvey up running again - and b)restore surveys/questionares/templates from phpmyadmin.

Thanks in advance !
best regards
jesper

Here comes the "screendump" from the site, where I can't logon to limesurvey.

The LimeSurvey database is being upgraded (2011-11-08 00:31
:32) . Please be patient...

Moving user templates to new location at /customers/4/a/9/in2minds.dk/httpd.www/survey1/upload/templates...

Executing.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `parent_qid` integer NOT NULL default '0'...Failed! Reason: Duplicate column name 'parent_qid'
Executing.....ALTER TABLE `lime_answers` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0'...Failed! Reason: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'
Executing.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `scale_id` tinyint NOT NULL default '0'...Failed! Reason: Duplicate column name 'scale_id'
Executing.....ALTER TABLE `lime_questions` ADD `same_default` tinyint NOT NULL default '0' COMMENT 'Saves if user set to use the same default value across languages in default options dialog'...Failed! Reason: Duplicate column name 'same_default'.
Executing.....CREATE TABLE `lime_defaultvalues` ( `qid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `scale_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `sqid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0', `language` varchar(20) NOT NULL, `specialtype` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', `defaultvalue` text, PRIMARY KEY (`qid` , `scale_id`, `language`, `specialtype`, `sqid` ) ) ENGINE=myISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci...Failed! Reason: Table 'lime_defaultvalues' already existsUnknown column 'a.default_value' in 'where clause':select a.*, q.sid, q.gid from lime_answers a,lime_questions q where a.qid=q.qid and q.type in ('L','O','!') and a.default_value='Y'
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Restore a survey from phpmyadmin? 2 years 8 months ago #68565

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Some comments/notes/questions:

1. Someone must have started the comfort update, it doesn't automatically download new files or start the update.

2. Templates can be "restired" by connecting to your server via FTP and download the template files from /limesurvey/templates/<templatename> or /upload/templates/<templatename>

3. Can you check using FTP connection if there are any files at the /limesurvey/tmp folder?

4. There is no feature to restore a survey from a .sql file from PHPmyadmin. This would be something you'd have to do manually and you need to know about the database layout.
If you are interested in advanced (paid) support you can contact me at marcel.minke(at)limesurvey.org.
Please try exporting the limesurvey DB and attach the file to your email if you are interested in my help.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Donation Image