Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do I restore the old version, when update failed?

How do I restore the old version, when update failed? 2 years 9 months ago #67704

• timsen
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everybody,
I tried to update limesurvey to the newest version, but it did not work out. I then decided to try to get the old, working version back from the tmp file. But I do not really know how to do it. Do I just put the files from the backup into the limesurvey directory on the server? And where do I put the sql db then?
Thanks for your help or hints, I also tried the search function, but I did not find anything (maybe I used the wrong keyword...?=)
Tim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How do I restore the old version, when update failed? 2 years 9 months ago #67759

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Hi Tim,

what was the problem during update? Have there been any error messages?

If yout-update fails we alsways recommend to update the files manually as describes here: docs.limesurvey.org/Upgrading+from+a+pre...tions+for+LimeSurvey

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: How do I restore the old version, when update failed? 2 years 9 months ago #67780

• timsen
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi Mazi,
some things did not work out with the installation, so I deleted the new version from the limesurvey diretory, and uploaded the old one, which was autosaved during the update. Now when I open the /limesurvey/admin/, I can see the index of the directory. So rather than updating, I ould just like to use my old version.
Best regards, Tim

Re: How do I restore the old version, when update failed? 2 years 9 months ago #67797

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 291
Tim, I doubt that before the update a backup of all x.000 files was created. Therefore the best solution is to update manually to the latest version, which simply means copying the latest files to your server. When logging in again the database update might start automatically to update the DB as well if this wasn't done properly.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Donation Image