Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: different results for token summary and response summary

different results for token summary and response summary 3 years 1 month ago #67408

I use limesurvey Versie 1.91+ Build 10670 and have upgraded from 1.85+. The surveys where taken before the upgrade.

In the response summmary I have this result:
Full reponses : 151

In the token summary the number is different:
Total surveys completed : 149/503

There is a difference of two. I would like to know how this could happen. What's more, we need the data from the token table to correct. Otherwise we might send reminders to people that already completed the survey.

I checked the code:

Where do the numbers come from?
I noticed that the response summary uses the "submitdate" variable in the limesurvey_SID table, while the token summary uses the "response" variable.

When is the data written to the database?
Submitdate is updated in save.php : createinsertquery() in the same request where index.php submittokens() sets completed = Y in the token table. In which circumstances could a difference arise, since both are executed in the same page request and there is no redirect between both methods?

Best,
Jens
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: different results for token summary and response summary 3 years 1 month ago #67413

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 307
Hi Jens,

my first guess it that someone has filled out the survey and afterwards his token entry has been deleted at the token entry (which doesn't delete the corresponding answer set).

Data is written to the database each time a user clicks "next/submit". A data set is marked "completed" once they hit "submit" at the end of the survey.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support

Re: different results for token summary and response summary 3 years 1 month ago #67418

• holch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 380
Did you try to download both tables (token table) and results table and compare then which tokens are the two tokens that are the "trouble makers"? Maybe it gives you a hint what the problem could be.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
Donation Image