Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Public Stats - does this work for you?

Public Stats - does this work for you? 3 years 2 months ago #65439

• jsavage
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I am delighted with limesurvey as a survey tool but one of the features I have not yet managed to configure is Public statistics.

When I set Public Stats on, Show Graphs On and make the survey publically available, I get a link for "View statistics" where the survey is listed but when I follow that link I only get a summary total, no breakdown and no graphs.

Eg. Total records in survey : 36

Is this what everyone else sees or is my installation broken?

Thanks in advance,

James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Public Stats - does this work for you? 3 years 2 months ago #65453

• jsavage
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
OK - answering my own question here.

For the record, in order for more detailed stats to show, you need to go into the Advanced Settings for each question and there you will sometimes find a setting, in the section entitled 'Other' called Show in Public statistics'

Strangely, this setting only seems to be present for some types of question. It idefinitely works for Arrays buts not present in the Advanced Settings for long answers for example.

Where is this likely to be documented?

Regards,

James
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by jsavage. Reason: correction

Re: Public Stats - does this work for you? 3 years 2 months ago #65454

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 379
Hi James. Usually long answers shouldn't show up at the public statistics at all. Why is that? Because of data protection. In the open ended questions people can write all kinds of personal data, and trust me, they do. They send us the story of their life, including adresses, telephone numbers, full names, email addresses, the name of the wife, daughter, dog, cat, etc... I think you get it.

We need somehow protect those people from themselves. As market researchers for example we are obliged to keep all personal data from our clients or from being published and this can not be guaranteed when the open ends are publicly available.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
Donation Image