Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Problem with Token file upload

Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65059

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi,

I've recently updated to Version 1.91+ Build 10859, and am having trouble uploading respondent information via the token file upload function. The error is related to file permissions for the tmp. file but i've checked these and changed them to 777 ond 755 and still the function does not work!

Am i missing something?

This is the error in full:

Upload file not found. Check your permissions and path (Serveraddress/html/Survey/tmp/MW_Stafflist.csv) for the upload directory

Is it perhaps that my file name is not limesurvey?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65104

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
I've checked with godaddy who host it and they assure me all the permissions as set apprpopriately.

I've gone ahead and reinstalled the software as per the instructions and now a further error is occuring when on the templates modify page. This is the error..

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /limesurvey/tmp/template_temp_110830185831.html on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.tcf-survey.com Port 80

Now I've checked this file out and adjust the permissions etc.. but still no change. Any thoughts?

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65105

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 318
well, there is more going on on www.tcf-survey.com. Already when calling the domain there are errors showing up. Something in your configuration seems to be seriously wrong.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65106

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Ok I've fixed that error..

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65183

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi again,

I've rechecked with hosting provider and they reassure me that the server is operating properly.

I have attached a document with the errors I am receiving and also the permissions that I have set to the appropriate folders.

I'm still at a loss as to what to do, if a developer is able to private message me or email contact me as I've set up a developer account on our survey engine and I'll get them the login details to have a look.

This is really urgent now so if someone is able to assist that would be really appreciated.

Thanks
C:\fakepath\Survey errors_settings.pdf
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Mocean. Reason: file did not upload

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65185

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi apologies document wouldn't upload
Attachments:

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65186

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Sorry, it is almost impossible to read the first to images. They are just too small. Can't you post the important parts, not the whole screen?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65187

• Mocean
  • Fresh Lemon
Here you go...
Attachments:

Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65188

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
Hmm, my folders have 755. I am not an expert, but the zeros of your 705 look strange to me.

Aw: Re: Problem with Token file upload 3 years 2 weeks ago #65206

• stockchris
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Thank you received: 1
Maybe it could be related not to folder rights but to individual file rights.

We had an issue with template previews. Files temporarily uploaded to the /tmp folder have rights "600" (read and write for owner). However, as the server needs to read them in order to display them (for the template preview), it could not access them and we got a similar error message. Required rights are "644" so that the server can actually read the files. Our admin recommended correcting this by adding the following line to config.php:
umask(0022);

You might want to try this, even though our problem was different. But maybe the underlying cause is the same...
  • Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Donation Image