Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No HTML editor?

No HTML editor? 3 years 3 months ago #63577

Hi there,

I am just starting with a fresh setup of limesurvey on a domaingo server. After a while I realized that I cannot open the html editor. If I click on the pencil a window will pop up with an empty text field only. Also I get an error message when I try to upload certain question-designs (country list dropdown).
I uploaded all the files again and started a new database but it won't do. files have been uploaded in binary mode.

Maybe the server is not good enough for ls? how can I find out?

I also read in the forum that an htaccess file might be the problem (or the solution). I am not using any htaccess files and mod_rewrite is not permitted on the server.

any ides?

thanks!

wiesoeigentlich
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No HTML editor? - Umlautproblem? 3 years 3 months ago #63585

OK, I checked a little more...
the error console of firefox tells me that ckeditor is not defined. now - please no jokes friends - i own a domain with an umlaut (ü). (yes, i am even paying for that). LS is running in a subdomain. All adresses in the config.php were changed to the "xn-- -55a" format, so no umlaut here. still, when trying to open ckeditor, the umlaut seems to be echoed somehow. so maybe ckeditor is not found because the browser does not manage to find it? where is LS reading the location of ckeditor? could it all be an umlaut problem?

Best!

wiesoeigentlich

Aw: No HTML editor? - Umlautproblem? 3 years 3 months ago #63589

And now: at the end of my wits.

I moved limesurvey to a subdomain without umlauts. still i am getting similar errors. when loading the page to modify the question, the error console of firefox gives me a 500 server error while trying to access ckeditor.js.

later i am getting a failure notice in admin.php that ckeditor is not defined (line 196).

to admit: I was a little lazy and just created another subdomain on a second domain and modified the config.php to point on this domain. the database is still the same.

so - something is apparently not working. why? i am afraif i tried everything i possibly could within my restricted knowledge.

anybody can help?
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
Donation Image